Posted/Last Revised: 10th May, 2017
- Contact Name
- Matthew Fagnan
- Closing Date
- Jun. 16, 2017
Does solving complex usability problems with style, creativity and determination excite you?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Product Designer to join the Product Development team and turn sketchbook ideas into an impactful user experience. There will be a lot of unknowns and complex challenges in the coming years, so if you’re a person who thrives in an environment that moves forward at warp speed and likes solving complex problems, we want to hear from you.
Our designers play a critical role at Jobber. They convert ideas into new features – and ones that our customers will operate with ease. You’ll report to the Design Lead and will become integrated with one of our scrum teams (we currently have 5 of them). We’re ideally looking for someone with 3-5 years of design experience, but that can be flexible based on what you bring to the table! This role will be located at Jobber HQ – a historic building in the heart of downtown Edmonton, Alberta.
- To be a design expert. We’d like you to understand HTML and CSS, and have experience with Sketch.
- To be passionate about your work. We’re passionate about a lot of things at Jobber. Our customers, the people we work with and our product.
- To be an innovator. You bring creative ways of working to the table and stay on top of industry trends. It’s how we stay competitive!
- To be a self-starter. We don’t want someone who just follows instructions. You must have the ability to think innovatively and challenge the organization to think differently.
- To be a leader. As the primary design expert within a scrum team, you’ll need to communicate effectively and ensure your voice is heard at the table.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and visual.
- To see the positive side of failure, and do things you might not be good at.
It would be really great (but not a deal-breaker) if you had…
- The ability to understand and/or write enough front-end code to have meaningful conversations with your team.
- Experience designing the user experience (UX) for a SaaS business.
- Extended health benefits package, fully paid premiums.
- Three weeks paid vacation.
- Access to a fully stocked kitchen. Eat lunch on us.
- Competitive salary.
- An environment that believes in bettering and supporting its people.
- Your very own, brand new Apple computer.
A bit more about us…
At Jobber, we exist to help people in small business become more successful! We are a growing startup located in Edmonton, Alberta and we make software for businesses that are on the go, or mobile. Something that we’re pretty damn good at! Our team of 80+ dedicated employees strive for nothing short of excellence and support a product that touches businesses around the world and millions of people each year.