Product Manager – Roadway Systems
Posted/Last Revised: 15th Nov, 2017
- Nilex Inc.
- Educational Req.
Nilex is looking for a Product Manager for our Edmonton office. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, you will manage and lead the success of Nilex’s Roadway Systems product portfolio. As the Roadway product champion, you will work closely with our Technology Manager, Marketing team and Regional Sales teams, to develop and execute strategies to drive acceptance and accelerate growth.
- Contact Name
- Stephanie Blake
- Contact Phone
- (780) 801-3394
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Dec. 31, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set the long-term vision and strategy for the product portfolio.
- Develop and implement the product operating plan inclusive of the product roadmap, financial forecast, growth and market share objectives and supporting financial plan for all regions, industry segments and/or key customers.
- Remove roadblocks to sales by driving product market acceptance and where possible, technical specification on bid documents within industry, government and key customers.
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing activities through research, strategic planning and implementation.
- Identify new product opportunities, new target markets and new sales channels.
- End to end management of the product life cycle from product evaluation, business planning, introduction, staff training, market promotion, technical support and product retirement.
- Provide support to Regional Sales teams through in-depth product, application and market/competitive knowledge that helps differentiate our products and value proposition.
- Participate in key industry associations, conferences, trade shows, events, etc. to promote products, network with industry partners/customers and gain competitive intelligence.
- Monitor the market (industry, customers, competitors) for new opportunities and to identify emerging competitive threats.
- Develop budgets and forecasts for product lifecycle stages.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Business, Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 10 years progressive product management experience, preferably within the civil engineering or geo-technical industry.
- Financial competency to the Profit and Loss level with working knowledge of the Balance Sheet
As the successful candidate, you have a thorough understanding of civil engineering and construction technology, management and practices. With strong technical writing, documentation and presentation skills you are able to develop relationships with key industry segment decision makers to drive acceptance and specifications.