Quality Assurance Analyst
Posted/Last Revised: 4th Mar, 2017
- Yellow Pencil
- Educational Req.
Good on paper
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or comparable accreditation is an asset but not necessary
- 8+ years of experience in the software testing or QA role
- Solid experience working with automated testing tools and frameworks
- Experience with web and mobile applications
- Experience with API testing
- Experience with Agile methodologies and/or related certification (e.g. CSM, Safe, etc.)
- Experience with Drupal and OpenText is desirable
- Experience with planning and executing functional and non-functional tests such as security and localization testing
- Ability to understand and translate customer’s needs into user stories and acceptance criteria
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Detail oriented with strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Capable of producing positive results while working under pressure
- Ability to work in multiple projects and manage multiple tasks with minimum or little supervision
But hey, if your background doesn’t quite match up with this list, but you know you’ll be a perfect fit – tell us why. We’ll listen.
- Contact Name
- Danielle Harder
- Contact Phone
- (780) 423-5917
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 3, 2017
We’re looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Analyst.
Quality Assurance at Yellow Pencil is not just testing, as a Quality Assurance Analyst your involvement spans the entire lifecycle of a project. Working collaboratively with strategists, business analysts, designers, and developers to produce high-quality work products is the cornerstone of your responsibilities.
We’re not going to tell you what to do – we’re counting on you to figure out the real problem and how to solve it. We need someone that’s not afraid to ask questions or pipe up with new ideas. We want you to be ready, willing, and excited to keep up with the industry.
- Actively engage with the project team throughout the project lifecycle to provide feedback at any stage of a project
- Help project teams express requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria so that our customers get the features they need
- Build test strategies and plans that are valuable to our teams and customers
- Identify problems during the test cycle, and report defects in a clear and concise manner
- Advocate unit testing, test driven development, and exploratory testing
- Evaluate front-end designs and interactive features across multiple browsers and devices
- Work with development teams to create and maintain automated tests for web and mobile applications
- Facilitate client user acceptance testing and defect management process through our customer support tool
- Willingness to experiment, continually improve and to genuinely pursue value for our customer’s customer
- Willingness to improve our evolving quality assurance and control process
- Triage and troubleshoot production issues escalated from customer support
- Craft training and/or support documentation and conduct training sessions with clients
The thanks you’ll get
- Competitive compensation rates
- Feedback based on regular 1:1s, 3-month and annual touchpoints with Leadership
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Annual health spending account
- Monthly fitness subsidy
- Annual education allowance
As our next Quality Assurance Analyst, you’ll be joining our Edmonton team.
Who you are
We care about our culture here at YP. Your personality is just as important to us as your qualifications. We’re looking for somebody who is:
Interested and motivated
Our industry is changing every second. We need you to be ready, willing, and excited to keep up with it.
Already awesome, but ready to be awesomer
Be ready to get your hands dirty (not with actual dirt. Intellectual dirt). We won’t tell you what to do, we’ll collaborate with you to discover the best way to do it.
Always trying to get better
Training and development is a huge part of our values. We want you to be good at what you do, but we also want you to look for ways to get even better.
Ready to make an impact
The best part of Yellow Pencil? Anyone can help change how the company works. Got a better idea? Shout it out. Thought of something new? Make it happen.
Who we are
Yellow Pencil is a full-service web design agency based out of Edmonton and Vancouver. We work on big content problems for big (and big-ish) organizations.
We make our clients great at web content and digital services; we do it by giving them effective tools and empowering them with the right skills.
- We work as a team
- We keep improving
- We respect and encourage ideas
Working at Yellow Pencil means:
- A constant commitment to learning and growth
- Delivering the highest quality work possible on every project
- A people-first workplace. We want you to love being here as much as we do
- Work/life balance. We like that people have lives outside of the office
- A team of great people that love each other (just not in “that” way)
- An endless supply of fruit and snacks, and the occasional high five
So apply now!
Send us your resume and cover letter and tell us why you’re awesome.