Quality Assurance Analyst
Posted/Last Revised: 7th May, 2018
- Yellow Pencil
- Educational Req.
Good on paper
- A degree or diploma in computer science or a related field or comparable accreditation is an asset but not necessary
- 3-5+ years of experience in the software testing, QA role, or related testing field
- Experience working with both manual and automated testing tools
- Experience with web and mobile applications
- Experience with Drupal and/or other content management systems is desirable
- Ability to understand and translate customer’s needs into user stories
- Familiar with the latest web technologies and standards including WCAG 2.0 principles and guidelines
- Detail oriented with strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in multiple projects and manage multiple tasks with minimum or little supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus points for experience with Behat or other automated testing frameworks
But hey, if your background doesn’t quite match up with this list, but you know you’ll be a perfect fit – tell us why. We’ll listen.
- Contact Name
- Danielle Harder
- Contact Phone
- (780) 423-5917
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 30, 2018
We’re looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Analyst in our Edmonton office.
We are looking for someone who gets excited about delivering quality and impactful solutions for public sector challenges. Your involvement as a quality assurance analyst spans the entire lifecycle of a project. You’ll be working collaboratively with strategists, business analysts, designers, developers, and our clients to produce high-quality work products.
We’re not going to tell you what to do – we’re looking for someone that’s not afraid to dig in and explore new applications and technologies. We need you to push us towards great user experience, ensuring we meet the highest standards, and work at making the web a more accessible place. We want you to be ready, willing, and excited to keep up with the industry.
- Communication is the cornerstone of your role. You are comfortable contributing and in some cases, facilitating both client facing and team discussions.
- You are comfortable with uncertainty. Our projects change frequently and we need you to need adapt as changes come up to help ensure our team has a shared understanding of what needs to be done.
- We need your ownership and support. You don’t have all the answers but you are resourceful and great at problem-solving and figuring things out without supervision.
- Our teams work on a number of different projects each at different stages in the project lifecycle, you must be able multi-task, prioritize work and bring up concerns to the team when you foresee issues.
- Willingness to experiment, continually improve and to genuinely pursue value for our customer’s customer
- Actively engage with the project team throughout the project lifecycle to provide feedback at any stage of a project
- Help project teams express requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria so that our customers get the features they need
- Build test strategies and plans that are valuable to our teams and customers
- Identify problems during the test cycle, and report defects in a clear and concise manner
- Evaluate front-end designs and interactive features across multiple browsers and devices
- Work with development teams to create and maintain automated tests for web and mobile applications including content management systems
- Facilitate client user acceptance testing and defect management process through our customer support tool
- Willingness to improve our evolving quality assurance and control process
- Triage and troubleshoot production issues escalated from customer support
- Craft training and/or support documentation and conduct training sessions with clients
The thanks you’ll get
- Competitive compensation rates
- Feedback based on regular 1:1s, 3-month and annual touchpoints with Leadership
- Medical, dental, and extended health benefits
- Annual health spending account
- Monthly fitness subsidy
- Annual education allowance
As our next Quality Assurance Analyst, you’ll be joining our Edmonton team.
Who you are
We care about our culture here at YP. Your personality is just as important to us as your qualifications. We’re looking for somebody who is:
Interested and motivated
Our industry is changing every second. We need you to be ready, willing, and excited to keep up with it.
Already awesome, but ready to be awesomer
Be ready to get your hands dirty (not with actual dirt. Intellectual dirt). We won’t tell you what to do, we’ll collaborate with you to discover the best way to do it.
Always trying to get better
Training and development is a huge part of our values. We want you to be good at what you do, but we also want you to look for ways to get even better.
Ready to make an impact
The best part of Yellow Pencil? Anyone can help change how the company works. Got a better idea? Shout it out. Thought of something new? Make it happen.
Who we are
Yellow Pencil is a full-service web design agency based out of Edmonton and Vancouver. We work on big content problems for big (and big-ish) organizations.
We make our clients great at web content and digital services; we do it by giving them effective tools and empowering them with the right skills.
- We work as a team
- We keep improving
- We respect and encourage ideas
Working at Yellow Pencil means:
- A constant commitment to learning and growth
- Delivering the highest quality work possible on every project
- A people-first workplace. We want you to love being here as much as we do
- Work/life balance. We like that people have lives outside of the office
So apply now!