SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO) SPECIALIST – Temporary, full time position
Posted/Last Revised: 29th Jul, 2017
- Alberta Motor Association
- Edmonton Admin
- Contact Name
- Samantha Goettel
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Aug. 25, 2017
Do optimizing Webpages, link building and managing SEO strategies give you the warm and fuzzies? Do none of your family and/or friends know or understand what you do? Thant’s okay, we understand. We always have our eyes peeled for the best talent. If you’re creative, love knowing everything about digital marketing and have a passion to find a better solution, we are looking for you. As SEO Specialist, you’ll provide and execute the strategies, plans and measures to improve the organic search ranking of the Online Travel Service (OTS) websites within the major search engines. If this sounds like you, consider joining us for a 10 to 12 month term to cover a maternity leave.
What moves you
- You’re constantly connected and a true digital guru.
- You’re detail oriented, someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, are flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios.
- You manage your time as expertly as you manage your projects. Prioritizing, planning an organizing are part of your DNA.
- You’re both a right- and left-brained thinker. Your innovative side is balanced by your quantitative analytical abilities.
- You love to share thoughts and ideas – after all, two heads are better than one.
What you’ll do
- Report to the Travel Marketing Manager.
- You’ll be responsible to develop and maintain a concise SEO strategy for the AMA Travel website to target search channels including web search, social media, viral marketing, local search, images and video.
- You’ll establish processes and procedures to ensure site content is optimized across all platforms and devices (websites, mobile, social, video, blogs, retail portals etc.)
- You’ll ensure collaboration with the PPC Specialist to conduct extensive keyword research and identify attainable organic keywords.
- You will develop SEO training, guidelines, and best practices for Web Content Specialists.
- You’ll be responsible for increasing overall effectiveness, efficiency and profitability through operational improvements and smart resourcing
- You will monitor, track and report on SEO performance and trends.
What you’ve done
- You have a degree/diploma in Business Marketing, Communications or Web Development. If your degree is in something else, tell us how it will help you in this role
- You’re no newbie – you already have 3+ years of experience working in Search Engine Optimization.
- You know all the ins and outs of SEO guidelines, analysis, tracking/reporting tools, algorithms, ranking factors, Local SEO, On site SEO, Off site SEO, Technical SEO and Content Marketing.
- You’ve got solid knowledge of basic web design and technology principles and the SEO implications.
- You have strong experience with Google Analytics, Screaming Frog and other SEO software such as Moz and Raven Tools
- You have knowledge of Usability and conversion rate optimization.