Posted/Last Revised: 18th Jul, 2017
- SureHire Inc.
- Educational Req.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Linux (Ubuntu flavor) server environments
- Enjoy writing scripts to automate the mundane (Bash, Ansible, etc) an asset
- Familiar with test driven development practices an asset
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS) an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Has a good grasp of Django development techniques or other MVC frameworks
- A deep knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- 5 years of experience building dynamic web applications in any language
- Experience with building and maintaining REST API applications an asset
- Experience with deploying / maintaining an AWS stack an asset
- Deployment experience using Nginx + UWSGI an asset
- Contact Name
- Lauren Law
- Contact Phone
- (780) 890-0240
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Sep. 30, 2017
In this newly created position, the Senior Developer will be involved in every aspect of developing and maintaining our applications, from testing to deploying, from coding to prototyping. Always staying on top of the latest technologies, you bring a forward thinking approach with a focus on continuous improvements and results.
SureHire is a leading Canadian provider of occupational testing services. Available at over 600 exclusive testing facilities nationally, SureHire’s full spectrum of occupational testing services provides employers with accurate and timely results to support informed decision making at work, home, and in the community. As a company we embrace our values of being passionate, innovative, relentless, socially responsible and embracing positivity. As the ideal candidate you demonstrate those values every day in your work.
The Senior Developer will be a proven problem solver and leader. You will help architect scalable solutions and performance test applications to find and eliminate bottlenecks. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading productive and collaborative implementation discussions with stakeholders as well as distilling and transposing high-level project requirements into user work-flows, user stories, and other documentation.
Reporting to the Director, Operations, the Senior Developer will have one direct-report – the Junior Developer. You will bring a creative approach to coaching staff with respect to innovative thinking and continuous improvement initiatives to drive a common vision and desire for growth.
This a full-time permanent position based at SureHire’s Corporate Office located in South Edmonton. Candidates must have their own reliable transportation. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. Compensation is dependent on experience and level of education. Participation in group benefits is available after three months.
- Familiarize yourself with the code, the business processes and the different stakeholders
- Follow SureHire’s development methodologies and take part in team coding and meetings
- Deploy changes to development servers frequently so stakeholders see progress and feel connected to the process
- Create and work with Django templates with compliant HTML5/CSS3
- Model and implement intricate data structures using relational databases, primarily PostgreSQL
- Update leadership team regarding progress and completed tasks
- Work with our current development partners to transition full ownership of the code and the server deployment
- Lead productive and collaborative implementation discussions with stakeholders
- Distill and transpose high-level project requirements into user workflows, user stories, and other documentation
- Implement and maintain the use of common third-party APIs (Social Authentication, Postmark, Stripe, etc)
- Stay on top of latest technologies
- Help setup and run projects in production environments on Linux (Ubuntu-flavor) with Nginx, UWSGI, PostgreSQL, Celery, Redis and other tools frequently deployed alongside Django web apps
- Work with the leadership team to scope and estimate development needs for new projects with potentially limited requirements
- Help architect scalable solutions and performance-test applications to find and eliminate bottlenecks