Senior Front End Developer
Posted/Last Revised: 27th May, 2017
- Contact Name
- Mathew Janzen
- Contact Phone
- (780) 994-4539
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Oct. 1, 2017
You spend something like 25% of your entire life at work so one of our goals here is to make this place awesome. Help us do it.
You will lead the development team, estimate development projects with the project team, refine development methodologies, create documentation, perform code reviews, nurture egos and much more.
Working very closely with the entire Overhaul team to dream up and implement innovative solutions for our wide range of clients across multiple industries.
We’re looking for someone who can work with us full time, 40 hours per week. Typically 9-5. We offer flex hours and work from home options.
Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of DNS, and
- Experience using Git for version tracking and collaboration with other developers
- Experience implementing custom analytics event tracking using Google Analytics and/or Google Tag Manager
- Experience with task runners and dependency managers (Grunt/Gulp)
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (LESS/SASS)
- Understanding of AJAX and experience with the integration of third-party REST-style APIs
- A working knowledge of performance optimization strategies and their importance (such as caching, asset minification, CDNs, etc.)
- A desire to create best-in-class products using bleeding-edge web technologies
- A good sense of design and an eye for the details
- High level of self-management and organizational skills
- SEO best practices
- Expertise in developing responsive websites that function beautifully on mobile devices
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Built accessible, standards-compliant websites
- Creative thinking, committed to scalability, extensibility and reusability of your code
- Experience with cross-browser testing and you’re not the type to slip up on QA
We hire experience over education
Nice to Have
- Experience with AngularJS, React or other similar front-end frameworks
- Familiar with PHP MVC frameworks (ideally Laravel)
- Able to configure a full LAMP stack
- ASCII art skills
- Familiarity with usability & UX design best practices
- Squarespace, specifically their API
- Anything Paul Irish is talking about
Money. How much of it will be based on your level of experience. We have full benefits including medical, dental and vision. A yearly conference budget, company outings and paid vacation.
How to Apply
With your submission, please include samples of your work — we want to see your experiments, prototypes, arduino projects, 3d printed guns or illegal torrent network. And, don’t worry if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We hire for people, not necessarily roles. Only selected candidates will be contacted but we thank all of you in advance.