Senior Marketing Manager, Brand
Posted/Last Revised: 7th Oct, 2017
- ATB Financial
- Educational Req.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing or a related field
- Minimum 8 years experience in Marketing
- Solid depth and breadth of experience in working across media and communication platforms (Paid, Owned and Earned media including traditional, digital, social and experiential)
- Proven track record of delivering business and organizational results
- Strength in balancing competing priorities
- Strong leadership, mentoring, team building, collaboration and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Financial Services and Brand Marketing experience an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning that positively fuels marketing strategy, outcomes and leadership
- Proven innovator with a demonstrated ability to keep up with technological trends
- Contact Name
- Jesse Yuen
- Closing Date
- Oct. 20, 2017
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?
Coach of the Year. Magnificent Mentor. Visionary. Motivator. Team Player. Whether at work or out in your community, you are the person that knows how to bring it all together. You’re a natural leader and your passion and excitement comes from knowing that your efforts make a significant difference in the lives of your team members, customers and the community around you.
Senior Marketing Manager, Brand
ATB Listens to help Albertans get somewhere they can’t get to alone. Why? Because we carry the outrageous belief that banking can create happiness. That’s our brand promise and how we bring the ATB story to life.
Under the direction of the Director of Brand Marketing, as a member of the ATB Brand Marketing team, the Senior Marketing Manager is fiercely accountable for developing marketing strategies, supporting tactics and action plans that align with the business goals of ATB, with a primary focus to keep ATB’s brand awareness high while growing Albertans’ willingness to bank with ATB. To accomplish this, the Senior Marketing Manager works with internal and external partners to promote the brand promise to Listen through a variety of initiatives. This is done by leveraging the three brand pillars of Amplify Alberta, Albertans’ Greater Good and Re-Imagine Banking to reinforce the brand message to Listen so that it creates the necessary foundation to support acquisition and growth initiatives and targets of retail, business, investment and corporate divisions of ATB.
As part of the marketing planning process, the Senior Marketing Manager plays a leadership role in helping land the ATB brand and moving it towards cult brand status. This means contributing to the annual marketing plan; driving smart, simple and helpful solutions through all elements of the marketing plan including creative and media planning and execution, market research/ customer insights/metrics; sponsorships and events; and content marketing; pushing for media innovation from internal/ external partners finding the right balance between traditional and digital (paid, owned and earned). The Senior Marketing Manager is a catalyst of change and champion of the ATB brand and a leader within Reputation & Brand.
You will find success based on your abilities in the following areas:
Development of Marketing Strategies: As part of the strategic marketing plan, develop marketing strategies that clearly deliver on business objectives under the leadership of the Director.
- Contributes to the development of ATB’s overall Reputation & Brand marketing plan, specifically focusing on landing the brand
- Identifies and understands the key audience groups across retail, business and corporate markets in order to build an effective marketing plan
- Continually evolves the ATB Listens brand platform based on campaign learnings, customer feedback, market conditions and business goals
- Identifies key brand partnerships, marketing opportunities, and wow customer moments that move the ATB brand towards cult status (e.g. airport properties, Landmark Cinema , the Alberta Podcast Network)
- Ensures key stakeholders are aware and aligned with the reputation and brand strategies and initiative, their ongoing implementation, and how they connect to ATB’s business goals
- Actively follows the market – industry, competitors, economic trends, customers – and applies this know-how to the creation of marketing plans, campaigns and creative briefs
- Actively stays abreast of marketing trends; learning from the successes and failures of other brands and how they’re connecting with audiences, building brand equity and achieving business goals at the same time; this includes applying 70/20/10 media buying principle and the importance for staying on top of media innovation
- Collecting and analyzing data to understand market trends, competitor activities and the behavior of a brand’s target audience are key brand management duties. This includes overseeing consumer research, tracking the success of initiatives and keeping a keen eye on developments within the market
Execute Marketing Strategies to Drive Results: Leads the implementation and evaluation of marketing strategies under the leadership of the Director.
- Manages the implementation of marketing initiatives to support reputation and brand strategies with marketing Team Members and other stakeholders, drawing upon a wide range of marketing tactics including advertising, promotions, content marketing, sponsorships and events to drive results
- Account manages campaigns and projects through Channel 21, external partners including Vovia and other service providers
- Develops creative briefs that are grounded in customer insights, support our key marketing strategies and deliver on business results
- Monitors results relative to strategies, making timely adjustments as required and being accountable to identify, understand and recommend actions when there are variances
- Prepares and works within an approved budget and timeline, including meeting or exceeding return on objectives and effectively controlling expenditures
- Ensures all marketing campaigns align under regulatory rules including CASL and privacy, where applicable
- Provides sales tools and support to customer facing team members
- Proactively seeks improvements to marketing related processes, ensuring customer and team member experience is smart, simple and helpful
Leadership and Brand Expertise: As a member of the brand marketing team, champion the ATB brand by collaborating with fellow Reputation and Brand team members within the Customer Obsession, Transformation and other strategic support units by providing key subject matter expertise.
- Is a champion and voice of the ATB brand to ensure the Story is inexplicably built into all initiatives and strategies shines through all initiatives and strategies
- Partners with Customer Obsession and Customer Experience team members to ensure the customer remains at the centre of every brand experience by leveraging the Story and using the ATBs as filters
- Assesses and manages both the relationships and/or performance of various external stakeholders required to support the strategic marketing plan, including third-party providers such as but not limited to centres of influence, media buyers, merchandise providers and event partners
- Provides responsive customer service by responding to issues, requests and messages in a timely manner, with a 24 hour response expectation.