Senior Web Designer
Posted/Last Revised: 11th Apr, 2017
- Edmonton, AB
- Contact Name
- Jeremy Massel
- Contact Phone
- (780) 432-3225
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 30, 2017
Habit is a crack team of creatives, web developers, software engineers, marketing specialists, and wayfinding experts. We’re an agency that builds brands, websites, advertising campaigns, and signage systems for clients big and small. And we think you should join us.
We need a web designer.
You thrive on the independence of owning web projects from kickoff to launch, and you can comfortably lead the project through each stage of the process. You’re skilled at using design so that every site you work on meets the goals of the business while giving the user a great experience.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Meeting with the client to understand their needs, challenges, history, and goals
- Designing thoughtful, beautiful websites
- Providing final HTML and CSS to developers
You have plenty of great personal qualities, like…
- A knack for problem solving and organization
- Insatiable curiosity and a love for research
- Effective time management skills
- Eagerness to learn new tools and techniques that’ll get the best results
- The flexibility to positively respond to our clients’ and our team’s changing needs
- Strong opinions about site layout, typography, usability, tools (bonus points if you’re already using Sketch!), accessibility, and anything else that affects your craft
- Comfortable working alone when dealing with customers and pitching your own work, but know when to stop and ask for help
- The ability to work under tight timelines when you have to
You can boost your chances if…
- You have experience developing plugins and themes for WordPress
- You have experience using thoughtful animation, Flexbox, and SVG
- You get movie and pop culture references (bonus points if you know who said, “Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads!”)
We have some perks you’ll love.
We’ll give you a fully loaded Mac to use and just about any software you could possibly need. We also offer competitive benefits: vision, dental, massages, private rooms in the hospital, you name it. We keep sane hours but pay overtime on the rare occasions it’s needed. Best of all, we work in an easily accessible office in the Bonnie Doon area.
We work hard, but we play hard, too. Extracurricular activities include out-of-office lunches, field trips to the go-kart track, and epic battles on the foosball tables. All we’re missing is you. Bring your ideas and your A-game, and together we’ll make awesome things.
Send your resume or portfolio. If we think you have what it takes, we’ll give you a call and set up an interview.