SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – NEW OR RECENT GRAD
Posted/Last Revised: 10th Oct, 2017
- Contact Name
- Meghan Dear
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Oct. 31, 2017
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER – NEW or RECENT GRAD (Co-ops will also be considered)
Localize is an award-winning company that brings better information about where food has come from to shoppers. We provide our label service to over 250 grocery stores across Canada. We have a distributed team located in Edmonton, Denver, and Toronto.
Localize won the Fast Growth Grand Prize in 2014 at the Venture Prize awards in Alberta, the Good Deals Canada award in 2013 as best social business case, and our CEO – Meghan Dear was honored with a Star Women in Grocery Award. We recently won the 2016 National Angel Capital Organization award for Most Promising Startup and a Best For the World Honor from B Corp International for our alignment to mission, community impact, and changemaking in the food sector.
We’re a collaborative, easygoing, and motivated team. We make educated decisions quickly and know we can count on each other. We feel good about the work we’re doing every day, share in our successes, and learn from things that don’t go as planned. We are a tight-knit team that enjoy each other’s company and are really into local food and businesses.
You’re a confident, analytical person with sincere team skills. You are at heart a scientist – you seek to understand the world in a methodological way. You are comfortable writing code by yourself but you know how to work with a broader team to help define solutions. You like to pitch in when doing sketching exercises and know how to let people know what’s technically possible to implement.
As a developer for Localize’s platform you will be responsible for enhancing, growing and maintaining our current technology platform. Over the course of time, you will be able to dictate the underlying technologies that drives Localize. If you’ve ever wanted to work in an environment where you can play with the latest development frameworks or architectures then this role for you. Your learning curve will be steep and steady, but with the right attitude and an eye for process development, this role may be for you.
- Collaborate with the Localize team to help define technical solutions to business problems.
- Work solely or with external assistance to develop technical solutions and to maintain the current business application.
- Produce high-quality code with a minimum number of bugs.
- You must be self-motivated and able to work in a start-up environment. You must be able to deliver results with slim budgets, tight timelines, and minimal resources.
- Has degree or diploma in a technology field
- 2+ years working in a development environment
- Experience working with Azure or Cloud Computing systems
- 1+ years .NET, C# experience
- 1+ years SQL experience
- Experience working with Git
- 1+ years CSS experience
- Is friendly, approachable, flexible and outgoing.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to work in the startup environment.
Nice to Have Skills
- Any experience working with the following would be an asset:
- SQL Azure
- LESS, compilable sell sheets
- Entity Frameworks
- Dependency injection, Inversion of control
- Visual Studio
- MVC, ASP.NET Web API
- Design and Implementation of RESTfull web services
- Single Page Applications
- Familiarity with geospatial data
- An interest in working with Big Data, AI, and Blockchain integrations as exploration continues for the business in these areas
- Working in an Agile product development environment
- Loves food and genuinely cares where it comes from and how it’s produced.
This position includes 15 days paid vacation per year and a salary of $60,000/year for incumbents with demonstrable attitudes and who hold a degree and some work experience.
This position is funded via a youth program for recent graduates or co-op students under the age of 30, and possessing permanent residency or Canadian citizenship.
- Please include a covering letter.
- Please submit a resume.