STORYTELLING ADVISOR (TERM POSITION – ONE YEAR)
Posted/Last Revised: 11th Oct, 2018
- Covenant Health
- Edmonton - Tawa (Mill Woods)
- Educational Req.
Key responsibilities and required skills:
- Look for opportunities to further the storytelling strategy and capacity by generating story ideas.
- Using journalistic best practices, research, conduct interviews and write for a variety of Covenant Health initiatives, including internal and external publications.
- Demonstrate exceptional writing and editing skills with a clear understanding of Canadian Press style.
- Shoot photos to support your content.
- Ability to produce storytelling videos an asset.
- Provide social media backup during the advisor’s absence and during busy times.
- Knowledge of online platforms, working with a content management system.
- Experience using web analytics and social media measurement tools an asset.
- Experience crafting an editorial calendar.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, journalism or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three to five years related experience. Superior writing, editing and oral English skills.
- Keen attention to detail. Ability to foster strong working relationships. Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to take initiative and to work independently and within a team. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Contact Name
- Shelly Decker
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Oct. 25, 2018
TERM POSITION – one year
We’re looking for a well-rounded storyteller who has a passion for crafting authentic and compelling stories that align with the strategic direction, vision and values of Covenant Health. This one-year term position will work closely and collaboratively with the communications team and other Covenant Health staff, patients, residents, families and physicians. The storyteller will have a keen understanding of what makes a good story and how to best tell it using an authentic and audience-centric approach. The ability to creatively tell stories through words and photos are essential to this position. Being comfortable with creating storytelling videos is an asset. Reporting to the Communications Manager – Storytelling and Social Media, the incumbent will create content that supports the online brand newsroom, The Vital Beat, and other storytelling platforms, including corporate publications.Please note: Travel is required, and may include the use of a personal vehicle. A standard driver’s abstract may also be required for use of corporate lease vehicles.