Vice President of Marketing
Posted/Last Revised: 10th Jan, 2019
- West Edmonton Mall Property Inc.
- Edmonton, AB Canada
- Contact Name
- Human Resources
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Feb. 3, 2019
The Vice President of Marketing for West Edmonton Mall has the responsibility of acting as the driving force to lead with innovative thinking and creative problem solving to develop clearly defined marketing and communications strategies to support continual business growth and enhance the company’s brand awareness. This role is also responsible for direct and inspiring our talented marketing team across the diverse marketing functions to achieve the business objectives of increased sales, growth, profitability, and visibility of West Edmonton Mall’s products, events and services.
- Creating, and leading all marketing strategies while developing tactical plans to exceed marketing expectations and position West Edmonton Mall as a true innovative and leader in the industry.
- Developing various forms of local, national and international advertising campaigns, sponsorship programs, and mutually beneficial business partnerships to target key segments to increase and strengthen brand awareness, customer buy-in, engagement, visit frequency, and duration of stay through both traditional marketing methods as well as a high level of focus and energy dedicated towards digital marketing strategies, campaigns and technology.
- Leading, managing and inspiring the staff of the integrated marketing team including professionals in the retail, attractions, hotels, events, tourism graphic design, public and community relations, interactive and digital and social media marketing divisions within the department.
- Conducting business presentations and campaign pitches while being called upon for public speaking opportunities and acting as a media spokesperson to help further enhance West Edmonton Mall’s public image within various markets and industries.
- Analyzing and evaluating both existing and potential marketing promotions, strategies, business alliances, events, and loyalty programs while achieving targeted results and ensuring timely and effective execution of marketing tactics and programs.
- Integrating new and innovative marketing related technologies and enhancements to improve the user experience and maximize the operational performance of all marketing activities and programs while ensuring that objectives are achieved within budgets.
- Overseeing all media planning and buying while measuring KPIs in collaboration with West Edmonton Mall tenants, external clients, vendors, entertainment liaisons and talent for various events and campaigns.
- Working on various company related marketing based projects and responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Senior Management/Executive level marketing positions with large, multi-faceted, fast paced and ever evolving business environments with well-known brand identities.
- A degree in marketing, commerce, communications or a related discipline to the role from a respected post-secondary institution.
- An innovative, creative and self-driven marketing professional with the ability to lead various teams, projects and manage multiple simultaneous priorities.
- Brand development experience and extensive interactive and digital marketing strategy expertise with a strong knowledge of various social media platforms, integration campaigns and strategy development is required.
- An established professional and respected member of the marketing community with strong business relationships, connections and industry contacts.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with experience in media buying and a high level of comfort with acting as a public spokesperson are required.
- Working knowledge of the marketing needs for the shopping center, retail, attractions, tourism/destinations, or entertainment industries is a definite asset for the role.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time, salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.