Web Content/Business Writer
Posted/Last Revised: 17th Jun, 2017
- Edmonton Public Schools
- Contact Name
- Angela Anderson
- Contact Phone
- (780) 429-8066
- Closing Date
- Jun. 30, 2017
The Human Resources department in Edmonton Public Schools is looking for an experienced web content/business writer to support their efforts in revitalizing some of their web content and professional documents.
We are the second largest school district in Alberta and the sixth largest in Canada serving 95,000 children. At Edmonton Public Schools, we are committed to supporting the District vision of “transforming the learners of today into the leaders of tomorrow.”
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a post-secondary diploma in communications, marketing, technical/business writing or journalism (or a related field)
- You possess proven progressive experience in technical/business writing and writing for the web
- You can effortlessly write and edit for a variety of mediums and purposes (e.g., website content, business communications, forms, letters, etc.)
- You are a champion of plain language—expertly breaking down jargon and working with subject matter experts to produce materials that have an impact and resonate with audiences
- You have the demonstrated ability to write and edit clear, engaging and grammatically correct content for a variety of audiences
- You have a deep understanding in creating an engaging user experience
- You are quick to collaborate and adept at engaging with a variety of stakeholders
- You have excellent overall writing and editing skills in a number of different styles/tones
- You are highly organized and meet deadlines
- You have impeccable spelling and grammar
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Working with HR functional areas to develop content overviews, to refresh select department forms, templates or documents
- Writing content yourself and coordinating written content from others
- Ensuring written content adheres to company style guide
ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- competitive salary ($2,731.40 – $3,488.80 bi-weekly) – salary corrected
- a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision and extended disability
- Health Spending/Wellness Account
- professional development opportunities
If you are interested in working with an organization that fosters growth and success for every student supported by our cornerstone values of accountability, collaboration, equity and integrity, we encourage you to apply.
THIS POSITION IS TERM-DEFINITE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 29, 2017 WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF EXTENSION.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format) quoting competition #250204 by June 30, 2017, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
Edmonton Public Schools is committed to excellence and hires based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.