Posted/Last Revised: 14th May, 2018
- West Edmonton Mall
- Contact Name
- Closing Date
- Jun. 14, 2018
The Website Developer will be responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing the websites and related software systems of West Edmonton Mall and related business ventures.
- Responsible for the development of all company websites including monitoring, testing and evaluating different web pages to ensure they meet company expectations and are in efficient working order.
- Determine objectives for current and new website projects to effectively and converting written, graphic, audio and video components to compatible web formats.
- Presenting information in a way that is both accessible and aesthetic while utilizing graphics programs and working with our designers to create unique graphics for web-based initiatives.
- Designing web and multi-media artwork for various campaigns and working closely with project managers to establish goals, objectives, and time lines.
- Working with our Marketing and I.T. teams to help design and build dynamic high quality websites.
- Upgrading sites on an ongoing basis to make required improvements and keep the site visually interesting.
- Providing technical support to the development and customization of new and existing SharePoint web based and in house applications including website Content Management Systems.
- Utilizing creativity and visual sense to ensure all related projects and tasks are aesthetically appealing, convenient and user friendly.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related Website Development based experience in the private/commercial sector supporting medium to large sized businesses.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or in another related field.
- Proficient knowledge of various web technologies including:
- Experience working with js frameworks like Jquery, knockout, angular, alongside responsive or form validation frameworks
- HTML5 CSS3 – Ability to write semantically correct HTML and maintainable CSS – SASS is a plus
- Photoshop – photo editing for content to be delivered via desktop and mobile browsers.
- Browser compatibility
- Responsive layouts – with a Mobile first approach
- .NET C# and Visual Studio – for server side functionality – Web API or ASP.Net MVC
- Ability to rapidly prototype to communicate concepts
- Web Content management tool experience – Umbraco 7
- Experience with code repositories – TFS Git is a plus.
- Previous experience in an organization with multiple objectives, new initiatives, and cross-industry priorities and candidates must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and abilities.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position required Monday through Friday.
- This is a salaried position that depends on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.