Posted/Last Revised: 7th Nov, 2017
- MacEwan University
- $59,514.00 to $86,577.40 per annum
- Educational Req.
The successful candidate should have a degree in arts or communications, an applied degree or diploma in Public Relations, alongside a minimum of two years’ experience in writing, public relations, communications or marketing.
Equivalencies will be considered. Experience in a post-secondary and/or web environment is an asset, as is familiarity with content management systems and WordPress.
- Contact Name
- Human Resources
- Contact Phone
- (780) 497-5434
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Nov. 14, 2017
The Office of Communications and Marketing at MacEwan University, located at City Centre Campus, has an opportunity for a one-year term communications consultant, specializing in storytelling and communications research and planning for internal and external audiences.
We are seeking a flexible team player with excellent expository writing skills to write communicaitons and marketing content for websites, social media platforms and print publications. The successful candidate will will also assist in the research, writing and execution of communications plans, briefing notes for senior administration and coorrdination of communications tactics for department projects. This person will work with the department to meet the university’s marketing and communications goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate possesses
- excellent writing and editing skills for online platforms (websites and social media) and print publications
- excellent interpersonal and interview skills
- strong organizational, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- the ability to coordinate, plan and organize multiple projects to deadlines
- the ability to work independently and as a team player