Posted/Last Revised: 29th Apr, 2021
- Berlin Communications
- Educational Req.
Post secondary degree or diploma in communications, marketing or another related field. Experience working in an agency is an asset.
- Contact Name
- Elizabeth Schowalter
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- May. 14, 2021
Berlin Communications is an Edmonton-based agency in the business of positioning our clients to win on issues of public interest. Our goal is to create space for great people to do great work and we are looking for an Account Coordinator to join our team.
We have four core values that we bring to our work and all our projects:
- Humanity – We acknowledge and respect the humanity in ourselves and others.
- Curiosity – We are curious about the world around us and the culture we live in.
- Intent – We don’t do things by accident.
- Grit – We find a way to make it happen.
This is a junior position on our account team. If selected, you’ll be expected to work with a roster of clients, often in support of more senior account people or a partner. To do this job you must have a basic understanding of marketing and communications and project management. You’ll be responsible for advising clients and liaising with the creative team and making sure all the pieces are in place for our projects to stay on time and on budget.
In this posting, we’ve outlined the skills and qualifications that we find best prepare people for this kind of role. Most of all, though, we want someone who is a skilled writer, someone with strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality and exceeding expectations. If you lack any of the specific qualifications we list in the posting, but think that you have the right qualities, please feel free to make a case for yourself. Some of our strongest account people have come from sociology, journalism, politics or design backgrounds – but they embody our values, write well and are fully committed to our clients and projects.
In the short-term you’d be joining a team who is working from home but connected through regular team video calls and direct messages. However, we hope to be back in our office in downtown Edmonton in some way in the future. Pre-Covid perks include health benefits for you and yours, flex days, professional development trips and top-shelf office coffee. We’ve still got most of them but these days the trips and coffee have been replaced with virtual learning opportunities and occasional treats delivered to your door.
Purpose of the role:
- Ensuring that projects are executed efficiently and effectively
- Support in research and insight generation
- Learning and growing into more senior account roles
- Ensuring that clients are served in a manner that leads to a positive experience of working with Berlin
- Project planning (with account manager)
- Day-to-day client service and correspondence
- Liaising with creative team
- Setting up projects in our project management software
- Identifying issues and possible solutions – bringing those issues and solutions to manager and/or partners.
- Project budget tracking and forecasting
- Prepare and send weekly reports to each of your clients every Monday
- Provide administrative support and project management support for client and internal projects
- Confidence and comfort dealing with clients
- Attention to detail
- A “desire to please” – not acting as a “yes” person, but seeking out ways to build clients’ trust in Berlin by being attuned to what matters to them.
- Alignment with our core values
Qualifications and Experience:
- Very strong writing skills
- Basic understanding of project management and planning
- Strong knowledge of office software – Excel, Word, PPT etc.
- Up to 3 years of relevant industry experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you’re interested in applying, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to our Director of Operations, Elizabeth Schowalter at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 14, 2021.
Please don’t wait to send in your application; we will be reviewing them and conducting interviews on an ongoing basis. We’re grateful for everyone’s interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thanks for your interest – we can’t wait to meet the next Berliner.