Advertising and Sponsorship Coordinator
Posted/Last Revised: 9th Oct, 2019
- City of St. Albert, Recreation and Parks Department
- 100, 110 Carleton Drive, St. Albert
- $60,578 - $73,703 per annum
- Educational Req.
· Two-year diploma in Business, Marketing or a related field combined with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in marketing, advertising and/or sales, including a positive track record of revenue generation.
· Knowledge of business marketing, sponsorships and the selling process.
· An understanding of sports and recreation will be helpful to effectively organize advertising and sponsorship packages and to communicate the benefits to potential partners.
· Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite programs and comfortable with basic content management skills.
· A valid Class 5 Drivers License and a personal vehicle for work use is required.
- Contact Name
- City of St. Albert
- Closing Date
- Oct. 25, 2019
The City of St. Albert, home to more than 66,000 residents, is a beautiful community adjacent to northwest Edmonton. Known as the Botanical Arts City, St. Albert offers more than 80 kilometers of trails, 400 hectares of green space, state of the art recreation facilities, and hosts numerous special events and festivals. Our employees are passionate about delivering high-quality programs and services to our residents and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
Our Recreation and Parks department is hiring a permanent Advertising and Sponsorship Coordinator to join their Business & Marketing team. As the Coordinator, you will implement sales and marketing plans to generate and grow revenue through advertising, sponsorship and Servus Credit Union Place corporate membership sales. You will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with advertising and sponsorship clients and for developing and implementing programs to support growth in revenues.
Specifically, this will include:
- Sales & Marketing: developing innovative offers and implementing plans to increase advertising, sponsorship and corporate memberships
- Planning and Development: developing plans to promote a variety of advertising opportunities and corporate memberships among employers in St. Albert and greater Edmonton
- Contract Management: negotiating advertising and sponsorship contracts and meeting obligations, working with sub-contractors including arranging for the production and installation of advertising and sponsorship signage, monthly sales and marketing reports and coordinating invoicing
The individual we are looking for has strong interpersonal skills, exercises good judgement and discretion, is an excellent communicator and results driven. This position will draw on an individual’s strong interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills.
HOURS OF WORK
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off [RDO] every two weeks).
$60,578 – $73,703 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive benefit package.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website http://www.stalbert.ca/employment
October 25, 2019
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.