Posted/Last Revised: 19th Jan, 2020
- Edmonton or Toronto
- Educational Req.
To be successful, you must have:
- 5+ years of marketing experience in external-focused/partner marketing, with a proven track record in outreach campaign strategies.
- The ability to collaborate. You’re going to be working with your Community teammates to coordinate and execute external events and tradeshows, engaging with ambassadors to create new content, and working with stakeholders in Sales and Success to ensure campaigns are successful.
- Strong communication skills. You’re going to be negotiating contracts with influencers, writing in multiple tones that align with our brands, and networking with ambassadors, so having a strong voice is going to be extremely important.
- To know how to juggle. We’re a dynamic start-up, and with that can come change — you need to be comfortable multitasking, prioritizing, and able to estimate/negotiate deadlines.
- Ambition and humility. You don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done.” You push for better, newer, and more innovative ways to do things — all while staying humble.
- The ability to travel. You’ll have the opportunity to represent Jobber at our trade shows and customer events across North America.
- Contact Name
- Moly Milosovic
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Feb. 28, 2020
DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF COMMUNITY?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for an Ambassador Manager to join our Marketing team at our headquarters in Edmonton, AB, or in Toronto, ON, at our office in the King West area.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. As featured in the Globe and Mail, we work with home and field service companies to help them better quote, schedule, invoice and collect payments from their customers. Having been named the #2 fastest growing software company in Canada by Canadian Business, it’s clear we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 – but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your team. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The goal of Jobber’s Community Team is to grow word-of-mouth, through formal (e.g., customer referral program) and informal (e.g., social media, ambassadors) customer and non-customer referrals. We’re always looking for opportunities to turn an online experience, like a Facebook Live with an industry expert, or an offline experience, like meeting us at a tradeshow, into a shareable moment to help raise awareness about Jobber. The following areas fall under Community: customer advocates, ambassadors, events, customer referral program, reviews.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Community, the Ambassador Manager will continue to scale our existing Ambassador program by finding unique and exciting opportunities for collaboration with key voices in our pillar industries. You’ll build relationships with external stakeholders, from media to associations and influencers, and get them bought into the Jobber vision and mission.
The Ambassador Manager will:
- Be a brand champion. You’ll drive the reach and reputation of our brand through influencer marketing, identifying both micro and macro-influencers around the world, interacting with them on social media platforms, and building online and offline campaigns to get them talking about Jobber in an authentic way.
- Use your voice online and offline. You’ll be interacting with ambassadors online through social media platforms to get them interested in Jobber and continuing that relationship offline at trade shows sponsored events.
- Dig into the data. You’ll be responsible for measuring, monitoring, and reporting on the success of ambassador engagement and making sure the best practices are in place for tracking and analytics.
- Drive user-generated content for our teams. Customers relate to shared experiences with others, so your goal is to amplify user-generated content from our ambassadors so it can be leveraged cross-functionally.
What you can expect from Jobber:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Learning and Development function to help you reach your career goals and fullest potential.
- Three weeks paid vacation for your long breaks and a fully stocked kitchen for your short breaks.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and make an impact on $400-billion industry that has no dominant player…yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver over $6-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!