Business Development Coordinator
Posted/Last Revised: 26th Sep, 2019
- Paper Leaf
- Educational Req.
To be considered for the position, here’s what you’ll have:
- post-secondary education in communications, PR, marketing, or a related field
- 1+ years related experience in either a service company or, preferable, a digital services agency
- proficiency in OSX, Google Docs and Google sheets (or comparable)
- general technical aptitude (you can adapt and learn a new web app, like Slack or Harvest or whatever, fairly quickly)
If you have skills in digital marketing or analytics, both in order to discover opportunities with existing clients or to further grow Paper Leaf’s digital platforms, that’s a huge benefit (but not required).
If you don’t meet one or two of these requirements, but still feel you’d be a good fit, throw your hat in the mix anyway. You miss every shot you don’t take.
What We Offer
This full-time, salaried 20-month maternity leave replacement contract position is out of our downtown office in Edmonton (no remote workers, sorry). We offer a relaxed & fun working environment; flexible start and end times to your days, and the opportunity for 4 day weeks if you want; a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, good benefits, vac time, and bonus structure; the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and meaningful projects; professional development opportunities; a rotating cast of office dogs; and more.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter & resume
- Two writing samples (PDFs or URLs, of any type – we just want to see if you’re an effective writer)
- Contact Name
- Jeff Archibald
- Closing Date
- Oct. 14, 2019
Hey! Paper Leaf is an award-winning digital product agency located in Edmonton, AB. We design & develop innovative custom websites, web applications, and mobile applications –and we are looking to add a full-time Business Development Coordinator (here’s the original job posting) to our current team to help us do that. We have a fun, relaxed & flexible environment; a tight-knit team where your voice is heard; a variety of challenging, rewarding, and creative work; and room for professional development. It’s a good place to be.
We work on projects for clients across the globe, and you’ll be working on a team that values high-quality execution – not one that is hellbent on burning you out and churning out as much work as possible. You can learn more about our work on the Portfolio page, our team on our About page, and get a good vibe of our culture from our Instagram feed. Sometimes mission statements are bogus, but we believe in ours: to help businesses and organizations grow through elegant execution of design and technology.
As well, we believe that diversity in all regards contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently improve Paper Leaf and the work we do. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
The Business Development Coordinator (BDC) is responsible for discovering, qualifying, and proposing on new work opportunities in coordination with the CEO. Basically, you’re integral to helping us win project and client bids. We have really solid processes and systems in place for you to follow, which will help you get up to speed quickly.
This is a 20-month maternity leave replacement contract, with high probability and internal desire for the right candidate to transition into a full-time role following contract completion. We need to grow our business development, sales, and marketing teams, so this is a perfect opportunity to do that.
The BDC role entails the following types of work:
- Prospective client communication (emails and phone calls to qualify leads and book meetings)
- RFP discovery (researching and monitoring notifications from various sites like APC, MERX, BCBids, and the like)
- Qualifying prospects, leads, RFPs (reviewing Prospects and Leads against criteria to qualify them as Opportunities)
- Booking initial meeting (w/CEO)
- Proposal authoring (for internal review & edit) & estimation (using Google Doc template)
- Delivery of estimates (support Project Manager, Development Director, or Operations Director), using software like Harvest.
Are you the ideal candidate for this position? We are looking for someone who:
- is a very strong writer, and enjoys writing
- enjoys selling the right solution to the right client
- gets excited at the thought of researching and discovering potential projects
- appreciates and understands the web, technology, and design
- understands and is motivated by the impact this role has on everyone in the organization
- likes to win, but isn’t crushed when they lose
- can work efficiently
- can effectively prioritize and meet critical deadlines
- is a true problem-solver and critical thinker
- thinks through problems thoroughly and can foresee gaps in project requirements
- is extremely detail-oriented
- takes true pride in their work
- is a frequent and good communicator about their work