Posted/Last Revised: 6th Feb, 2019
- Edmonton Public Schools
- $2,731.40 - $3,488.80 bi-weekly
- Educational Req.
- a degree in communications, marketing, public relations or a related field
- a minimum of three years related experience including experience with managing engaging marketing campaigns
- a member of the Advertising Club of Edmonton (ACE), Digital Alberta, the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), or Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS)
- a great communicator and relationship builder with exceptional writing abilities
- creative as well as analytical, a problem solver who likes a challenge, and able to handle multiple campaigns with competing priorities
- familiarity with content management systems and an understanding of the importance of using data to drive content decisions
- knowledge of best practices in digital marketing and content strategy
- Contact Name
- Janet McNally
- Contact Phone
- (780) 242-9850
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Feb. 15, 2019
Edmonton Public Schools is looking for a digital marketing and web content specialist to join our team to cover a maternity leave. This temporary full-time position will help manage our digital communications tools, including the District website, epsb.ca.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Communications Consultant will:
- provide advice on effective communication strategies, tools and best practices related to digital marketing and web content strategy
- work within a team to manage content on the District’s external website
- oversee communication projects from start to finish and evaluate their effectiveness
- write and edit communication materials for a variety of audiences and channels
- provide support in managing the District’s social media channels when needed, including implementing and optimizing advertising campaigns
- measure, analyze and report on campaign performance
- At your core, you’re a great communicator. You can write an insightful creative brief and engaging campaign copy. You’re inspiring and confident when presenting your ideas to colleagues and clients.
- You’re as creative as you are analytical; you love writing campaign copy as much as you swoon over the chance to dig into Google Analytics.
- You’re a champion of plain language who excels at writing for the web. You’re no stranger to content strategy and understand how people interact with content online.
- You’re familiar with content management systems and understand the importance of using data to drive content decisions.
- You keep an eye on trends and best practices in digital marketing and content strategy.
- You have experience managing engaging marketing campaigns, from concept development through to execution and evaluation.
- You’re an organized problem-solver who likes a challenge. You’re deft at managing multiple campaigns with competing priorities without compromising accuracy or deadlines.
- You know how important it is to cultivate great relationships with colleagues and clients.
You believe in the value of public education and are eager to contribute to work that supports students, families and communities.
ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
Edmonton Public Schools offers:
- a competitive salary ($2,731.40 – $3,488.80 bi-weekly)
- a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision and extended disability
- pension plan eligibility
- Health Spending/Health Wellness Account
- professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting competition number 257618 by Feb 15, 2019. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Prior to employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit records check documents. Apply online at http://www.epsb.ca/ourdistrict/careers/exempt.
ABOUT EDMONTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
Edmonton Public Schools is the second largest school district in Alberta, with over 10,000 staff focused on meeting the diverse needs of approximately 102,000 students across 213 schools and education sites. Our Vision is success, one student at a time. We inspire student success through high quality learning opportunities, supported by meaningfully engaged students, parents, staff and community. The District’s cornerstone values of accountability, collaboration, equity and integrity support us in achieving our Vision and Mission.
ABOUT THE COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT:
Creative, strategic, supportive: that’s our team. The content we create is the bridge between District initiatives, the public and our 10,000 employees. Communications provides a range of services, including media relations, corporate communications, online strategy and graphic design. Working with us is never boring—we manage projects and issues that are challenging, exciting and always evolving. We’re proud of the fact that we help support our schools, the administration and our Board of Trustees. But we’re most excited to know that our work is strengthening public education and serving students, families and communities throughout Edmonton.
Edmonton Public Schools is committed to excellence and hires based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.