Communications Strategy Lead
Posted/Last Revised: 11th Apr, 2019
- University of Alberta
- Contact Name
- Jaylene Ulmer
- Closing Date
- Apr. 25, 2019
You can write, you can edit, you can plan and you can strategize. You thrive on bringing inspiring ideas to light. You can perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment to guide projects from the planning, brainstorming and concept development stages through to design and implementation.
As the Communications Strategy Lead you will play a key role in sharing and shaping the U of A student story, always looking for opportunities to reach and engage the next generation of digital-savvy undergraduates in authentic and dynamic ways.
The Office of the Registrar’s Marketing & Communications team works on initiatives that support areas such as recruitment, admissions, current student services, student financial support, and convocation. You will develop and deliver marketing and communications plans and initiatives for a variety of internal and external audiences with a focus on student recruitment. This senior communications position is your opportunity to engage with a prospective student audience, using a multi-channel marketing approach, that impacts the student experience from their first contact with the U of A through to convocation. This position reports to the Marketing & Communications Director and has supervisory responsibilities for one coordinator within the team.
- Develops, executes and implements multi-channel marketing and communications strategies.
- Provides communications recommendations and guidance to the Marketing & Communications team, as well as units within the Office of the Registrar.
- Maintains collaborative and effective communications processes and workflows.
- Determines key themes, campaigns and creative concepts based on relevant research and rationale.
- Delivers presentations on creative concepts and marketing initiatives to ensure clarity and buy-in.
- Ensures key messages are delivered across all channels consistently and effectively with quality top-of-mind.
- Researches, designs, and implements prospective student focused projects that meet audience needs with respect to appropriate communications and distribution channels.
- Collaborates with the team to ensure appropriate plans, messaging, priorities, resource allocations and actions are completed and delivered.
- Monitors and measures outcomes of marketing and communications efforts across all channels to ensure targets are being met while making adjustments and recommendations for improvement as required.
- Participates with the design team to inform concept direction.
- Writes and edits creative, compelling copy for various communications projects.
- Supervises one direct report and provides guidance and support to all members of the team.