Community Engagement Specialist
Posted/Last Revised: 16th Feb, 2021
- Sturgeon Public School Division
- Morinville, Alberta
- Educational Req.
The successful candidate will hold a post-secondary degree or related certification in Corporate Community Engagement, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Journalism; proven professional experience in social and network media as well as a strong working knowledge of related tools and technologies; experience in media relations, issues management, special and large group events, print production and a demonstrated ability to manage webpages.
The Community Engagement Specialist must possess and demonstrate sophisticated and comprehensive verbal and written skills. It is essential for the incumbent to use these skills and abilities as a key agent of change. The ability to manage a wide variety of diverse tasks, initiatives and competing priorities that will be operating simultaneously and to achieve timely results in this context is critical. Other key qualities include an understanding of rural Public Education with knowledge about Sturgeon Public School Division and the communities served; a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as an effective team member; effective organizational skills, with the ability to work under high pressure and within strict timelines; and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Contact Name
- Rita Raposo
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Mar. 2, 2021
Sturgeon Public School Division is recruiting for a Community Engagement Specialist to join the team at Central Office located in Morinville, Alberta. Sturgeon Public School Division serves the needs of approximately 5000 students in 17 schools throughout Sturgeon County including Bon Accord, Gibbons, Morinville and Redwater. In addition to the traditional school environment, Sturgeon Public School Division also provides education through the Morinville Colony School and Oak Hill School and through two outreach Learning Centres located in Morinville and Gibbons.
Reporting to the Superintendent/CEO, the Community Engagement Specialist will be responsible for the development and execution of a strategic community engagement and communications plan; execution of the Division’s marketing strategies; and foster and maintain authentic, mutually beneficial relationships between the Division, our Schools, the public and communities served by Sturgeon Public School Division.
Duties of this position include:
- Identify proactive opportunities to promote and enhance the Organization’s image by building a profile in the media for the Division’s positive narrative, including success stories, issues and viewpoints
- Execute the Division’s marketing strategic communications plan
- Deal with enquiries from the public, the press and related organizations
- Analyze and evaluate sensitive situations to determine community relations consequences in order to recommend an effective plan of action
- Design, develop and implement complex engagement and communications initiatives that include a variety of media, including print, online, web and social media
- Provide strategic community engagement advice, counsel and support to the Board of Trustees, Senior Executive and Schools
- Implement a marketing strategy to increase student recruitment, retention and undertake relevant research for sustained growth
- Attend Board meetings and Committee Meetings as required
- Production of a variety of internal and external publications including newsletters, media releases, reports, brochures, and advertising
- Coordinate and monitor the school and Division webpages
- Coordinate community engagement through the use of multiple platforms
- Assist the Superintendent/CEO in a variety of planning, research and strategic communications activities