Posted/Last Revised: 7th Aug, 2021
- Paper Leaf
- $50,000 - $65,000 per annum
- Educational Req.
As a Content Strategist, you love communication and enjoy planning, writing and editing all types of content. Your writing is tailored to meet the needs of a diverse audience and you are motivated by developing strategies that help users interact and navigate through content on whatever platform they are using. You understand that our (and thus, your) work ultimately exists to meet organizational objectives and outcomes –and that a user’s experience is as important as the words written on a page.
As a content strategist at Paper Leaf, you will collaborate with other team members to help shape the user experience of client websites, apps, and other digital properties. This is a new role at our shop, so it’s important that you are a self-starter and feel comfortable working independently.
- Post-secondary education in communications or a similar field.
- At least two years of previous writing and content strategy experience, preferably for digital properties, such as websites.
Are you the ideal candidate for this position? We’re looking for someone who…
- has strong communication skills.
- writes compelling, useful and interesting content.
- is a true problem-solver and critical thinker.
- understands user experience and has the ability to strategize solutions.
- is knowledgeable in best practices for how to write for digital products.
- familiar with SEO best practices and guidelines.
- gets excited about the minute details.
- is efficient at time management and can multitask like a champion.
- is eager to collaborate with team members.
- is comfortable presenting to and engaging with clients directly.
- isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- is continuously motivated and eager to learn.
As a Content Strategist, you will be expected to:
- Collaborate with designers, developers, project managers and clients to develop solutions for problems.
- Coordinate with clients to gain a deep understanding of their business and company goals.
- Perform website audits, identifying gaps in content and areas where user experience can be improved.
- Participate in, present at, and sometimes manage client meetings.
- Develop and maintain consistent brand voices for Paper Leaf and for clients.
- Develop external materials such as user personas, customer journeys, website or app content, user documentation, etc.
- Work internally on materials such as case studies, blog posts, white papers, proposals, documentation, etc.
- Manage and input content on WordPress or other CMS platforms.
- Assist in training clients on how to input and optimize content.
- Conduct user interviews related to content and navigation.
- Digest analytics, spot patterns and make SEO recommendations.
- Contact Name
- Anne Brown
- Contact Phone
- (780) 633-0415
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Sep. 30, 2021
Hello! Paper Leaf is an award-winning digital product agency located in Edmonton, AB. We design & develop innovative custom websites, web applications, and mobile applications –and we are looking to add another full-time Content Strategist to our current team to help us do that. We have a fun, relaxed & flexible environment; a tight-knit team where your voice is heard; a variety of challenging, rewarding, and creative work; and room for professional development. It’s a good place to be, and while we’re currently remote during the pandemic, we do anticipate working back in a traditional office space at least part-time when we return.
With that said, this is a remote position for now, but applicants should be able to travel to Edmonton, Alberta and work from our office at least two days every week. Applications from anywhere in Alberta will be considered. We will also accept applications from anywhere in Canada if you’d like to move to Alberta.
We work on projects for clients across the globe, and you’ll be working on a team that values high-quality execution – not one that is hellbent on burning you out and churning out as much work as possible. You can learn more about our work on the Portfolio page , our team on our About page, and get a good vibe of our culture from our Instagram feed. Sometimes mission statements are bogus, but we believe in ours: to help businesses and organizations grow through elegant execution of design and technology.
As well, we believe that diversity in all regards contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently improve Paper Leaf and the work we do. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Please apply on our website if you are interested.