Posted/Last Revised: 28th Feb, 2019
- Edmonton or Toronto
- Educational Req.
- 3-4+ years of experience as an advertising copywriter at agencies, SaaS or tech companies, studios or in-house.
- Experience working on public relations campaigns.
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables.
- To be a hands-on copy expert and crafter.
- To be interested in teaching people why/how great copy makes a difference. We don’t expect you to teach people how to write, but to show them the difference it can make so they can point you to problem areas in the future.
- To collaborate with cross-functional teams like a pro to define communication strategies and product releases (insights + key messaging).
- To actively seek opportunities to build the brand and business beyond the current brief.
- Contact Name
- Jaryn Shoemaker
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Mar. 20, 2019
Do you dream of a world where cheezy marketing scripts are replaced by messaging that means something?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Copywriter to join our Marketing team at our headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta, located in a historic building along Jasper Avenue, or our growing office in Toronto, Ontario, which is located in the King-West area! As one of Canada’s most dynamic start-ups, there are always new challenges and exciting projects on the go. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface in what we want to accomplish. So if you’re a person who thrives in an environment that moves at warp speed and likes supporting and empowering people to do their best work, we want to hear from you!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your team. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
As we continue to build our in-house Brand and Creative team, we’re looking for a Copywriter to help us build the best brand in the market. If you’re strategically and conceptually strong in creating authentic, human-centric copy that resonates with specific demographics and can add a little sass and humour to the mix, we want you.
The Copywriter will…
- Write creative copy that resonates with our audiences. Copy that converts is important, but building brand awareness through amazingly human copy is how we want to get there.
- Create compelling and data/research driven A/B tests for marketing campaigns and digital ads.
- Bring their ideas to the table of how to push our established brand further, and champion them.
- Work a wide range of areas including website copy, public relations, product positioning, brand positioning, creative ad copy (including test variations), marketing communication (emails + campaigns), social + community copy, in-product messaging, employer brand messaging, and video scripting.
- Further enhance the voice, tone, and written personality of Jobber.
- What you can expect from us:
- Extended health benefits package, fully paid premiums.
- Three weeks paid vacation.
- Competitive salary.
- An inclusive environment that believes in bettering and supporting its people.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and develop on a team within a high-growth environment.
A bit more about us…
We are the industry leading software for small home service businesses (Gartner agrees, read more here). Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber and appliance mechanic use Jobber to quote for jobs, schedule and dispatch work, track time, send invoices and of course, get paid! Tens of thousands of people use Jobber to deliver over $5-billion a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and that’s exactly what we’re doing!
To apply, please submit your application here.