Posted/Last Revised: 28th Feb, 2019
- Edmonton or Toronto
- Educational Req.
- 3-4+ years of experience as an advertising copywriter at agencies, SaaS or tech companies, studios or in-house.
- Experience working on public relations campaigns.
- A portfolio that shows strong strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables.
- To be a hands-on copy expert and crafter.
- To be interested in teaching people why/how great copy makes a difference. We don’t expect you to teach people how to write, but to show them the difference it can make so they can point you to problem areas in the future.
- To collaborate with cross-functional teams like a pro to define communication strategies and product releases (insights + key messaging).
- To actively seek opportunities to build the brand and business beyond the current brief.
- Contact Name
- Jaryn Shoemaker
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- May. 30, 2019
Do you dream of a world where cheezy marketing scripts are replaced by messaging that means something?
Then you should consider joining Jobber! We’re looking for a Copywriter to join our Marketing department at our headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta, located in a historic building along Jasper Avenue, or our growing office in Toronto, Ontario, which is located in the King-West area! As one of Canada’s most dynamic start-ups, there are always new challenges and exciting projects on the go. We’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011 and have just scratched the surface in what we want to accomplish. So if you’re a person who thrives in an environment that moves at warp speed and likes supporting and empowering people to do their best work, we want to hear from you!
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates! Reporting to the head of our Brand & Creative team, we’re looking for a Copywriter who can bring their style to own the Jobber voice and our position in the market. You’ll be able to make a real and significant impact on a high-growth company, while building the best brand in the market. If you’re strategically and conceptually strong in creating authentic, human centric copy that resonates and can add a little sass and humour to the mix, we want you.
The Copywriter will…
- Be the voice behind the scenes. You’ll further enhance the voice, tone, and written personality of Jobber to create copy that resonates with our audiences. We’re talking high-visibility projects that can build brand awareness, and through amazingly human copy is how we want to get there.
- Be in the driver’s seat. You’ll create compelling and data/research driven A/B tests for marketing campaigns and digital ads.
- Be the lightbulb. We want someone who will bring their new and creative ideas to the table of how to push our established brand further, and champion them.
- Be the subject matter expert. You’ll work across a wide range of our areas including website copy, public relations, product positioning, brand positioning, creative ad copy (including test variations), marketing communication (emails + campaigns), social + community copy, in-product messaging, employer brand messaging, video scripting.
- Be a collaborator. You’ll be working with important teams both inside Jobber and out, so being able to take feedback and build on it to make something great will be key.
What you can expect from us…
- Extended health benefits package, fully paid premiums.
- Three weeks paid vacation.
- Competitive salary.An inclusive environment that believes in bettering and supporting its people.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and develop on a team within a high-growth environment.
A bit more about us…
At Jobber, we exist to help people in small business become more successful! We are a growing startup located in Edmonton, Alberta and we make software for businesses that are on the go, or mobile. Something that we’re pretty damn good at! Our team of 80+ dedicated employees strive for nothing short of excellence and support a product that touches businesses around the world and millions of people each year. http://www.getjobber.com
Don’t wait to apply! We’ll interview and hire the right person when we find them.