Posted/Last Revised: 30th Jul, 2020
- Champion Petfoods
- Contact Name
- Brandon Hoffner
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Aug. 30, 2020
Champion Petfoods is expanding! We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Copywriter to join our rapidly growing company. With thirty years of growth in the global pet food sector, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands define our vision of being Trusted by Pet Lovers Everywhere. If you are passionate about personal and professional growth and see yourself as a key player contributing to our continued success by working in our award-winning company – we would love to hear from you.
The Copywriter is the key guardian of brand voice and tone. They are responsible for using written word to tell the story of our brands and ensure that all marketing assets align with approved brand and company communication standards and in keeping with brand positioning. Working closely with cross-functional partners, especially at the inception and “kick-off” of key projects, this position is responsible for developing copy for packaging, marketing collateral, websites and digital platforms, Point of Sale materials, and more, for consumer and B2B audiences. This position is also responsible for proofing and editing materials and collaborating with Marketing team members including Graphic Designers.
Reporting to the Creative Director, this position works out of our corporate office in South Edmonton.
- Creative word-crafting to write materials that tell the story of Champion Petfoods and its ACANA and ORIJEN brands.
- Understanding the consumer targets for each of our brands to aid in identifying the language and tone that will best resonate with them and incent them to buy our products.
- Brainstorm and conceptualize with Graphic Designers on creative executions for marketing materials and projects
- Edit copy to meet design parameters and brand voice; work closely with Creative Services and other cross-functional partners, brand managers to collaborate on messaging. Develop copy for brochures, flyers, website, newsletters, ads, campaigns, PowerPoint slideshows, Point of Sale material, etc., for different audiences.
- Develop scripts and collaborate on storyboards for video content.
- Develop messaging for social media, digital media, and website platforms in collaboration with Digital team.
- Collaborate with brand managers to develop messaging and proof packaging for Canadian, US, and international markets.
- Perform other duties as required and requested, including proofing and editing materials
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Journalism, English, or related field.
- Intermediate Writer, with minimum five years’ experience.
- Prior agency experience an asset.
- Exceptional writing skills. Ability to write crisp, clear and tight, focused copy. Economy of words and clarity of message is essential.
- Excellent proofer and editor, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of Canadian and US grammar and punctuation.
- Extremely strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships with diverse groups. Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of SEO principles an asset.
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Manage multiple projects with various stakeholders and deadlines.
- Professional appearance and manner.