Posted/Last Revised: 17th Nov, 2020
- Contact Name
- Christy Forsythe
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jan. 15, 2021
Habit is a crack team of creatives, web developers, software engineers, marketing specialists, and wayfinding experts. We’re an agency that builds brands, websites, advertising campaigns, and signage systems for clients big and small. And we think you should join us.
We need a copywriter.
You’ll be writing and editing all content that comes out of Habit, both for us and for our clients.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Maintaining a consistent brand voice for Habit and for our clients
- Working with clients to understand their content goals and needs
- Participating in, presenting at, and sometimes managing client meetings
- Taking notes at discovery meetings and assisting in turning them into useful project briefs
- Working with our team to write new business proposals and respond to RFPs
- Writing brand language (voice and tone) and messaging (vision, mission, core values, brand promise, and taglines)
- Writing content according to established voice, tone, and style, as well as developing and defining new ones
- Coordinating with clients to gather and revise content
- Writing useful and interesting marketing website content, including page titles, descriptions, and alt text
- Reviewing, editing, and formatting strategy documents and reports before they go out to clients
- Collaborating with the creative team to create marketing concepts and writing effective advertising copy
- Identifying content opportunities in marketing strategies
- Writing social post content for multiple platforms
- Managing and writing Habit’s monthly newsletter
- Reviewing industry websites and curating content for Habit and for our clients
- Writing video descriptions and occasionally transcribing video
- Reviewing and editing both internal and client-supplied content for accuracy
- Managing the formatting of branded Pages document templates for use by both Habit and our clients
- Assisting Habit staff members in writing and editing internal documentation and policies
- Partnering with the other Habiteers to write blog post content
- Writing case studies with the help of project teams
- Providing any other content-related support as needed
You have plenty of great personal qualities, like…
- Strong communication skills
- Serious attention to detail
- Taking personal pride in doing your best work
- Effective time and priority management skills
- The flexibility to positively respond to our clients’ and our team’s changing needs
- The ability to work alone when dealing with clients and pitching your own work, combined with the wisdom to know when to stop and ask for help
- The ability to work under tight timelines when you have to
You can boost your chances if…
- You have a post-secondary diploma or degree in communications
- You have previous writing or agency experience
- You’re familiar with (or willing to read) the Chicago Manual of Style: 16th Edition
- You’re comfortable using Pages and Word
- You know and love the Oxford comma
We have some perks you’ll love.
We’ll give you a fully loaded Mac to use and just about any software you could possibly need. We keep sane hours but pay overtime on the rare occasions it’s needed.
We work hard, but we play hard, too. Bring your ideas and your A-game, and together we’ll make awesome things.
Send your resume or portfolio. If we think you have what it takes, we’ll give you a call and set up an interview.