Posted/Last Revised: 19th Apr, 2021
- Alberta Motor Association
- Educational Req.
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re detail oriented, and the type of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios.
- You love to share thoughts and ideas — after all, two heads are better than one.
- You have experience and expertise in product positioning and messaging. You love figuring out what drives consumer behaviour.
- You live and breathe brands. You understand that loyalty is built through consistency.
- You can strategize and execute integrated campaigns across a range of platforms.
- You keep current and abreast of marketing trends & tactics.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- No educational requirement? No problem! Although, a post-secondary degree or diploma in Marketing, Communication, English or Journalism is an asset!
- You have at least 2 years’ experience writing copy in an advertising agency, digital agency, or in-house retail creative team writing for a wide range of media.
- You have a deep knowledge of marketing tactics, market research, traditional, digital and social media, and brand management.
- Contact Name
- Pam Webb
- Contact Phone
- (780) 430-5614
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- May. 16, 2021
For you, being a great communicator is more than just being an excellent writer (which you are), a strategic communications planner (which you work hard at), a client consulting maestro (which your clients say you are) or knowing your way around the print copy, broadcast scripts or digital content (which you do). It’s understanding that it’s all about connecting with your audiences, whether they’re internal or external – because great communicators and engaging storytellers always have an important audience to serve.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to the Supervisor, Operations, Creative Services.
- In this Intermediate Copywriter role, you’ll help develop targeted, strategic communications and persuasive advertising copy to support development of external and internal communications.
- Collaborate with Designers, Copywriters, and Producers on concepts and visuals.
- Write original and targeted long copy, captions, headlines, optimized web copy, radio & video scripts.
- Develop campaign themes and advertising strategies appropriate to all channels.
- Assist with the naming of new products and initiatives.
- Support development of marketing and creative strategies and content plans to ensure effective and targeted communications.
- Conduct internal and competitive product research as needed.
- Liaise with Clients and Product Owners to be aware of and understand their needs.
- Read, understand and follow project briefs.
- Utilize targeted demographic information, market research and business insight.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation and work flow in Creative Services to ensure timely work development, economic efficiencies and good team morale.
- Proofread all materials for accuracy and Brand correctness.
- Assist with radio & video broadcast production as required.
- Monitor all work for consistent Brand expression that adheres to AMA and CAA established Brand guidelines.
- Work with outside Writers, Designers and directors as required.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.