Posted/Last Revised: 20th Nov, 2019
- Contact Name
- Cory Haller
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Dec. 7, 2019
Copywriters at zag are masters of their craft. They love language, understand the spaces they’re working within, and are probably critiquing billboards on their way to the office. They’re also strategic thinkers who work hand-in-hand with our design, digital, and strategy team to ensure they’re creating copy that rises above (and, quite frankly, demolishes) any challenge.
We’re looking for a talented creative copywriter to join our growing team. You can create content for many different types of clients across a variety of spaces and are able to change your voice for all of them. From website content to social media executions, radio scripts, or brochures, it’s all about creating great copy with confidence.
Our ideal candidate is great with concepts and creative writing, has an understanding of the Canadian Press Stylebook, and a knack for all forms of copy. You’re a natural storyteller with an eagle eye. You don’t skip a beat when it comes to attention to detail, and can pick out a commonly misspelled word from a mile away. It’s just all in a day’s work.
What the gig would entail:
- Develop, edit and proof copy for various client projects as required (including but not limited to print ad copy, press releases, social media, brochure copy, radio scripts, television scripts, sales pieces, web copy, online ad copy, etc.)
- Prepare concept overviews for clients
- Participate in and help facilitate client discovery sessions / larger meetings
- Participate in internal brainstorming sessions and creative concept development
- Work in conjunction with the Creative Department and Creative Directors to ensure materials developed maintain consistency, creative vision, and strategy
- Proofing creative materials and written documents
- Participate in the development and presentation of client pitches
- Assisting with photo and video shoots as required
- Correspondence with clients and maintaining client contacts, as directed
- Work on developing creative concepts and content for internal communications materials such as the zag creative website, promotional pieces, etc.
As a guru of words, you should have no problem telling us what makes you the best fit for the copywriter role. Forward your resume and 3 writing samples to Cory Haller, Co-Creative Director at email@example.com.
Please not that this is an entry-level position and that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.