Creative Graphic Designer – 15 Month Contract
Posted/Last Revised: 13th May, 2020
- Champion Petfoods
- Contact Name
- Brandon Hoffner
- Closing Date
- Jun. 7, 2020
Champion Petfoods is expanding! We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Creative graphic Designer – 15-month contract to join our rapidly growing company. With thirty years of growth in the global pet food sector, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands define our vision of being Trusted by Pet Lovers Everywhere. If you are passionate about personal and professional growth and see yourself as a key player contributing to our continued success by working in our award-winning company – we would love to hear from you.
This position is a 15-month maternity leave coverage.
The Creative Graphic Designer is responsible for the conception and creation of Champion Petfoods marketing materials for new products, product launches, exhibitions, and events. This position will take each project from the conception stage to final execution across all channels (in-store, print & digital) in accordance to Champion Petfoods brand standard. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, the Creative Graphic Designer will demonstrate the ability to multitask/create and communicate ideas with acute attention to detail. The Creative Graphic Designer works out of our corporate office in South Edmonton, and reports to the Creative Director.
· Design digital and printed materials for new product packaging, brand campaigns, trade exhibits, displays, publications, in-store promotional signage, Websites, social media and other channels.
· Identify, source, and collaborate with vendors/service providers for creative execution as necessary (e.g. illustrators, photographers, etc.).
· Assist in the development and implementation of company brand standards, ensuring effectiveness and consistency across all design projects.
· Apply style/brand guides to existing distributor & retailer marketing materials.
· Work collaboratively with design partners and marketing team to ensure designs communicate the desired message.
· Research and provide recommendations based on best practices as well as industry and consumer trends.
· Assist in clearly defining the production requirements for each project.
· Proof all marketing projects for accuracy and adherence to brand standards.
· Assist in coordinating and maintaining a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other brand content.
· Develop innovative design solutions in accordance with company requirements and within brand standards.
· Manage and prioritize multiple projects and priorities with short time frames and at times under high pressure
· Perform additional tasks as assigned.
· College or University degree in Graphic Design.
· 3-5 years’ experience in the Graphic Design/Marketing field in creative development and execution.
· In-depth knowledge of design related software applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat).
· A desire to learn, grow and work collaboratively within a growing and ambitious department.
· Strong understanding of how to integrate creative throughout many channels (in-store, print & digital).
· Basic knowledge of video editing and motion graphics (Final Cut Pro/After Effects) or photo editing (Lightroom) software considered an asset.
· Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles.
· Excellent personal initiative, organizational, presentation and project management skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills between multiple levels and with diverse audiences.
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
· Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards.
· Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from superiors.
· Excellent creative and conceptualization skills. Ability to effectively describe and present ideas.
· Knowledgeable in all aspects of graphic design: layout, typography, colour theory and production processes.
· High energy, problem solving, self-starter, results oriented, proactive individual with a high sense of urgency
· An openness to try new things and push the creative envelope while maintaining the highest standards
· Actively addresses issues/conflicts by offering solutions and escalating as needed
· Well-developed strategic thinking, conceptual, problem solving and decision-making abilities
· Able to work independently as well as in an open office team environment.
· Ability to attend and/or conduct presentations.
· Extended hours as required.