Design Specialist II
Posted/Last Revised: 6th Jun, 2019
- Métis Nation of Alberta
- Educational Req.
- Graphic design degree or a graphic communications certificate (equivalent may be considered).
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in graphic design and print production.
- Solid understanding of graphic design principles (e.g. typography, layout, hierarchy).
- High level proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) in a Windows environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Solid knowledge of four-color printing process, and the ability to pre-flight, collect files, and archive materials.
- Experience creating and working with long documents in InDesign (e.g. master pages, grids, style sheets, tables).
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to work accurately under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal direction and supervision.
- Excellent communication skills; not afraid to ask questions and request feedback.
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable working in a collaborative, open-office setting.
- Contact Name
- Joey-Lee Morigeau
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 30, 2019
Since its inception in 1928, the Métis Nation of Alberta (MNA) has governed the Métis within Alberta. The MNA is led by a democratically elected Provincial Council, comprised of a Provincial President, a Provincial Vice-President, and six regional Presidents and Vice-Presidents. This Council works toward the mandate of the MNA, supporting practices of transparency, accountability, and inclusiveness for Métis Albertans in governments’ policy and decision-making processes. The MNA promotes and facilitates the advancement of Métis people through self-reliance, self-determination, and self-management. For more information about the MNA, visit albertametis.com.
We are currently looking for a mid-level designer to join our non-profit organization. As a member of the MNA’s award-winning communications team, you’ll have the opportunity to hone your design skills in a dynamic, supportive environment. Build and diversify your portfolio as you work on a wide variety of projects and products. You’ll work closely with internal clients across our organization, as well as managing projects and relationships with external vendors and agencies. If you’re interested in joining a communications team that fosters a fun, collaborative workplace, and whose work has a meaningful impact in the Métis community, then we want to hear from you.
- Create compelling visual concepts that inspire, inform, and engage our audience.
- Design and produce creative—including advertisements, publications, web graphics, and event collateral—consistent with MNA brand standards.
- Present and communicate your design work and rationale to internal clients.
- Liaise with vendors (printers, suppliers, newspapers, etc.) to establish budgets and production schedules.
- Prepare and pre-flight documents for printing, ensuring all prepress procedures are followed.
- Provide photography services at events as needed.
- Process, enhance, and organize photos following industry best practices.
- Maintain project files in a highly organized manner.
- Position is based at the Métis Nation of Alberta Provincial Head Office in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Applicants must reside in the greater Edmonton metropolitan area.
- Ability to work occasional overtime (e.g. event photography).
- Travel within Alberta is a requirement; out-of-province travel may occasionally be required.
- Must have a driver’s license as well as an operational vehicle.
- Meaningful work in a fun and supportive work environment.
- Competitive wages and benefits.
- Great work/life balance with flexible working schedules.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- 3 weeks paid vacation after probation period.
- Employer pension contribution.
To apply, submit cover letter and resumé with a link to your portfolio on or before June 30, 2019 to email@example.com.
The Métis Nation of Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.