Digital Communications Coordinator
Posted/Last Revised: 11th Apr, 2019
- Women Building Futures
- Educational Req.
Are you a creative genius who enjoys crafting unforgettable stories that inspire people to make positive change? Do you get excited about analyzing the metrics of the content you’ve created for your online audience? If you’ve answered yes to both of these questions and you’re looking to be a part of an organization that changes lives…then YOU GOT THIS!
Women Building Futures wants to add a curious and creative communications coordinator to their Strategic Communications team. The team supports the entire organization and showcases WBF’s purpose of providing women with training and career opportunities, building a highly skilled workforce and forever changing the face of industry.
This multi-faceted role is best suited for an individual with a passion for creating strategic digital content and understands the importance of conversion focused marketing. The successful candidate will have a well-honed skill set for creating brand recognition and building a community online.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Government Relations the Digital Communications Coordinator will work seamlessly with the Manager of Brand and Marketing and the Communications Advisor. This new position will be responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and analyzing WBF’s social media in order to increase our online presence using our website, and all social media platforms.
Overview of Role
- Create online and social media strategies that support paid media plans
- Develop and maintain WBF website and social media content and narrative across all platforms
- Reporting online analytics for social media and website traffic and present the information for review
- Support the entire organization with ongoing web updates for upcoming programs, events and promotional campaigns
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree or diploma in communications, public relations or related field, supplemented with 1-3 years of experience in:
- a social media strategy role sharing a brand’s narrative and reporting impactful analytics
- working with CMS platforms to make ongoing content changes to website
- SEO to optimize online content and support paid advertising efforts
- navigating Google Analytics to monitor and report on website metrics
- writing newsletters and working with marketing software for mass distribution
Extra Points for
- Basic graphic design experience
- Photography experience
- Exceptional project management skills, demonstrated by sound judgement and decision making skills to determine creative solutions
- Collaborative mindset
- Experienced in working with diverse internal and external groups with the ability to build consensus
This is a two-year contract position.
Interested applicants can e-mail their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Contact Name
- Heather Markham
- Contact Phone
- (780) 969-3963
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 17, 2019