Digital Content Creator / Social Media Manager
Posted/Last Revised: 27th Jul, 2021
- Bluetrain Inc.
- Contact Name
- Alex Carnio
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Aug. 15, 2021
Bluetrain’s data-driven, relationship-based approach to digital marketing helps our clients navigate one of the fastest-changing industries in the world. We focus on providing the insights and online expertise our customers need to drive their businesses forward.
Bluetrain acts as an advanced digital marketing team for progressive clients from varying industries across North America. Recognizable clients we work with include organizations such as EPCOR, Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), among others.
We currently have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a:
Digital Content Creator / Social Media Manager
What We Offer You:
With a core value of ‘Balance’, the Bluetrain team lives rewarding and balanced lives both at home and at work. We work hard but take the time to have fun. Bluetrain offers a competitive salary, vacation, health and dental benefits package, professional development opportunities, the ability to grow within the company, a flexible work environment and a supportive collaborative team. Learn about all our core values.
Who We Want:
A Digital Content Creator/Social Media Manager who is excited by online marketing. You will be responsible for the creation and management of organic social media content in order to achieve clients’ goals, including increasing online presence and improving marketing and sales efforts.
- Manage the day-to-day activities on social media accounts. You will manage comments and DMs, flag outstanding information for clients, and engage in social listening and/or monitoring.
- Create social media content. You will create engaging captions that vary for each platform. You are comfortable with creating graphics (images, video, templates), and hashtag research doesn’t scare you.
- Utilize social media content for each platform and audience. You will create a schedule and have a good understanding of optimal posting times on different platforms as well as their character counts. You know what alt text is, and how to use it.
- Increase and measure desired social media metrics. You are comfortable with engagement metrics and baselines. When it comes to social media analytics, you know how to define and measure KPIs, suggest improvements based on that information, and create a monthly report for clients.
- Develop and implement social media strategy and improvement tactics. You know how to make a plan, and either stay on course or course correct to meet and surpass client goals.
- Meet with clients. This is a client-facing role, and you are comfortable with discussing social media strategy & performance and sharing appropriate suggestions.
- Create additional content for clients within the scope of the position and contract. You are a strong writer and know how to populate a newsletter or write a blog post.
- Manage small ($500) social media ad accounts. Whether boosting posts or managing small campaigns, you will establish targets, budgets, creative, and copy, and handle community management.
- Stay up to date with emerging social media trends and platforms. You are curious and always know about the latest trends and updates.
- Collaborate with others, both internally and externally. From Bluetrain’s account management team to operations teams, to external vendors and copywriters, and our clients’ marketing, sales, and other department teams, you will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Assist with the setup, implementation and training of social media tools for clients and coworkers. You are comfortable with using CoSchedule or other social media management platforms.
- Assist with additional content creation processes or make recommendations to those who can. You can create and edit photos and videos, or know how to direct the process.
- Effective time management
- Comfortable with online software
- Creative thinking
- An eye for trends and analytics
- Committed and consistent
- Strong proficiency in writing and editing
- Confident communication and collaboration skills
- Eager to learn
- Degree in marketing, communications, or similar
- Knowledge of search engines, search engine optimization (SEO) and basic factors that can influence rankings
- Knowledge of the impact of other online marketing activities (eg. Online Advertising – PPC/Display, Usability – UX)
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or other CMS
If the description above sounds like YOU please send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com, Attention: Alex Carnio, Director of Social Media and Content Marketing. Please note the job title in the subject line.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We value diversity and inclusion and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thanks to all applicants for your interest in working with Bluetrain.