Digital Content Specialist – $65k+
Posted/Last Revised: 10th Jan, 2020
- Edmonton, Alberta
- $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Educational Req.
- Post-secondary education in english, communications, business, marketing, or equivalent subjects
- Perfect written English
- Ability to speak and write in French considered a strong asset
- Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized
- Able to lead the development of multiple projects at once and produce compelling copy at a very high output
- Able to write in multiple tones to cater to different audiences on different platforms
- Solid understanding of generating content for multi-platform and cross-device UI/UX
- Mid-level proficiency with content management systems including, but not limited to, WordPress
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Proven aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of marketing and communication strategies and how targeted content can fulfill business goals
- Solid understanding of SEO
- Solid understanding of Google Analytics
- Contact Name
- Monica Gault
- Closing Date
- Jan. 31, 2020
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world’s smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical honesty within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits gives us access to the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
– Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
Digital Content Specialist
“Compelling, Persuasive, and Meticulous Content”
This will be your guiding mantra when you:
- Thoroughly research and champion strategic content creation
- Craft original copy that SELLS across a variety of brands and products
- Deliver a high volume of error-free, on-brand content
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Collaborating with the creative team to deliver cohesive digital experiences and new creative assets, including: immaculately written product, landing, and content pages, persuasive marketing copy, engaging brand messaging, well-constructed video scripts, and click-worthy emails
- Interpreting creative briefs and translating them into effective copy solutions
- Leading the production of all web and print copy, from conception to completion
- Leveraging content to increase asset performance as measured by: conversion rates, click-through rates, bounce rates, pages per session, and session durations
- Collaborating internally to conceptualize and deliver creative solutions that can be translated across various media platforms
- Writing and optimizing copy to support Search Engine Optimization: page titles, meta tags, keywords, etc.
- Conducting production quality checks and maintaining established copywriting standards
- Maintaining cutting-edge industry knowledge
- Submitting creative deliverables within agreed deadlines and budgets
- Working with outsourced vendors to efficiently develop creative assets
- Great Compensation (Salary, Benefits, Vacation)
- 125% RRSP matching up to $10,000/year
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whichever tools enable you to do the best work of your life
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer, and Edmonton’s largest eCommerce company. Our mantra is simple: “Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else.”
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth.” If you are ready to be challenged, and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- You MUST include a cover letter and resume.
- You MUST also include examples of your previous work, writing samples, and examples of previous campaigns you have worked on.
We thank all of those who apply, however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent