Posted/Last Revised: 29th Apr, 2021
- Educational Req.
- 1-5 years experience as a Web or Digital Designer
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in web design or a related field
- Possess a deep passion for web design and delivering an optimal user experience
- Proficiency with HTML, CSS, and content management systems (like WordPress)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other creative tools
- Proficiency with building mobile-friendly designs and web-optimized creative assets
- eCommerce experience considered a valuable asset
- Proven aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Strong multi-tasking skills; highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional and positive attitude
- Contact Name
- Monica Gault
- Closing Date
- May. 15, 2021
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world’s smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical honesty within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits means we attract the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
– Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
“Compelling, Competitive, and Converting Design”
This will be your guiding mantra when you crack open your web tools to build and improve:
- Customer experiences that inspire optimism and certainty
- Ever-more beautiful web and email designs
- Seamless and lightning-fast digital products
We are looking for a highly disciplined, results-driven Digital Designer, obsessed with pixel-perfection and delivering the best digital product for the given objective.
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate. Under AHS guidelines, this position will be temporarily remote.
- Working with Stakeholders, Senior Digital Designers, and the Creative Director to ensure that project requirements relating to digital products are thoroughly specified
- Supporting, collaborating with, and learning from a team of Digital and Graphic Designers, Content Writers, Videographers, and Photographers to produce a world-class digital experience
- Launching new products across an ecosystem of 7+ eCommerce websites
- Designing and building pixel-perfect product pages, landing pages, web pages, and promotional content
- Designing and building action-oriented transactional or marketing emails from scratch
- Creating and optimizing content by assembling cross-team copy, image, and video assets for inclusion in final products
- Producing low fidelity wireframes, conversion-focused comps, and responsive cross-platform-tested final designs
- Planning, designing, writing, modifying, integrating, and testing website-related code (HTML/CSS)
- Delivering a high volume of design projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with project and company objectives
- Understanding how flawless, high-impact digital design affects key company objectives, as well as marketing and communications strategies
- Adhering to design best practices to ensure incredible quality and error-free production of digital products according to brief
- Understanding advertising rules and regulations and ensuring all digital assets are in compliance
- Testing work product across various media to ensure objectives are met
- Driving for ever-more efficient ways of getting things done
- Staying up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Great compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- RRSP Matching (125%, up to $10,000)
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies. Our mantra is simple: “Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else.”
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth”. If you are ready to be challenged, and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- Include a cover letter and resume
- Include a portfolio of past work showcasing your greatest achievements
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.