Posted/Last Revised: 2nd Jun, 2019
- Edmonton, AB
- Educational Req.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in retail or hospitality strongly desired, particularly in the liquor and/or cannabis industry
- 3-5 years experience as a successful marketing leader
- 7-10 years experience in Digital Marketing
- Education in Marketing, Communications, Ecommerce, or Social Media
- Solid understanding of social publishing programs Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, You Tube, and Hootsuite.
- Experience with conceiving and running digital campaigns with specific goals (paid social, drip campaigns, landing page A/B tests) and reporting results and learning.
- An understanding of best in class ecommerce experiences and working with Magento or Shopify as asset
- Experience with driving and developing customer experience through app-based content
- Contact Name
- Megan McKeage
- Closing Date
- Jun. 17, 2019
We are all about enhancing life’s celebrations and having fun while we excel in our careers! As North America’s largest publicly traded retailer of adult beverages, we operate 230+ retail locations within Alberta, British Columbia and Alaska.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, we are looking for a Digital Manager to join our Marketing team at the Store Support Centre in the west end of Edmonton, Alberta. The Digital Manager is an experienced leader who is creative, results oriented and who has a passion for the customer experience and willingness to stay on top of a rapidly changing environment. As an experienced digital marketer, you are responsible for developing and driving initiatives that maximize both our digital and social media community presence and provide our customers with the ultimate digital experience.
Role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and foster growth amongst a team of marketing professionals who are focused on social media, content creation and ecommerce/delivery functions
- Partner with key agencies on developing digital and social media strategies to grow engagement, affinity and sales
- Work with an agency to manage paid marketing campaigns including search, social, display, retargeting, and native to optimize spend within and across channels.
- Executing marketing promotions on our apps as well as eCommerce sites.
- Work with Director of Marketing to set and monitor web performance goals to ensure our websites are delivering on business goals.
- Measure campaign performance and ROI, leveraging analysis to identify optimization opportunities including design, content, copy, channel, and call-to-action.
- Manage SEO efforts, working cross-functionally to develop content strategy and translate business goals into SEO strategy.
- Analyze traffic data and success trends to determine effectiveness of initiatives and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Collaborate cross functionally with the Operations, Business Technology and Merchandising teams to ensure cohesion with brand messaging and seamless execution across multiple platforms
Personal Characteristics and Requirements
- This role requires the ability to travel as required
- Is passionate about brainstorming and creating great work and is constantly brimming with creative ideas.
- Has a strong ability to communicate effectively with teams
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of digital marketing and trends
- Leadership capabilities, and is able to meet deadlines with a smile
- Ability to thrive in a high paced entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong writing and editorial abilities
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain rapport with all levels of the organization quickly
- Ability to partner with leaders/partners in the organization to move marketing initiatives forward
- Proactive in recognizing and identifying need and opportunities for improvement
- Results-oriented professional with a high degree of initiative and autonomy
- Highly organized and able to manage a high volume of work in a high energy environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to gather input, negotiate and work through new challenges effectively
- Uphold confidentiality, ethics, and demonstrate a high level of discretion at all times
- Ability to deal with a level of ambiguity and embrace continuous learning
- Ability to be flexible, in keeping with the needs of our growing company and gaming industry
- Must pass a basic security clearance
- Must have valid Drivers License