Posted/Last Revised: 15th May, 2019
- Educational Req.
- Experience in retail or hospitality strongly desired, particularly in the liquor and/or cannabis industry.
- 7-10 years experience in Digital Marketing.
- Several years of experience in a leadership or managerial role, supporting a team.
- Education in Marketing, Communications, Ecommerce, or Social Media.
- Thorough understanding of how to communicate effectively in a digital environment.
- Solid understanding of social publishing programs Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, You Tube, and Hootsuite.
- Experience with conceiving and running digital campaigns with specific goals (paid social, drip campaigns, landing page A/B tests) and reporting results and learning.
- An understanding of best in class ecommerce experiences and working with Magento or Shopify as asset.
- Experience with driving and developing customer experience through app-based content.
- Contact Name
- Megan McKeage
- Closing Date
- May. 26, 2019
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Edmonton Store Support Centre (SSC)
We are all about enhancing life’s celebrations and having fun while we excel in our careers! As North America’s largest publicly traded retailer of adult beverages, we operate 240+ retail locations within Alberta, British Columbia and Alaska. Our liquor store banners include Liquor Depot, Wine and Beyond, ACE liquor, and Brown Jug. In May 2018, we changed our name to Alcanna Inc. The new name reflects the expansion of our business into two divisions: alcohol and cannabis. We proudly operate 5 Nova Cannabis locations with more coming soon!
About the Role
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, we are looking for a Digital Manager to join our Marketing team. The Digital Manager is a creative, results oriented and tech-savy professional who has a passion for the customer experience and willingness to stay on top of a rapidly changing environment. As an experienced marketing leader, you are responsible for developing and driving initiatives that maximize both our digital and social presence and provide our customers with the ultimate digital experience!
Role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement social media strategies to increase audience and engagement.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to drive sales and delivery across multiple platforms.
- Lead, create and implement public facing digital marketing strategies that align with and reflect brand, objectives and values.
- Drive content optimization projects to improve the presentation and impact of content.
- Access and understand customer problems, motivations, needs and wants.
- Analyze traffic data and success trends to determine effectiveness of initiatives and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the Operations, Business Technology and Merchandising teams to ensure cohesion with brand messaging and seamless execution.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and best practices.
- Lead a small (but mighty!) team of marketing professionals focused on social media, content creation and ecommerce/delivery functions.
- Executing marketing promotions on our apps as well as eCommerce sites.
- Working with an agency to manage paid marketing campaigns including search, social, display, retargeting, and native to optimize spend within and across channels.
- Measure campaign performance and ROI, leveraging analysis to identify optimization opportunities including design, content, copy, channel, and call-to-action.
- Manage SEO efforts, working cross-functionally to develop content strategy and translate business goals into SEO strategy.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to set and monitor web performance goals to ensure our websites are delivering on business goals.
- Work with the Director of Marketing on delivering best in class open/click rates for the Celebration Members Club to ensure our email campaigns are acting as a traffic driver.
- Working with our current digital platforms and integrating our eCommerce and app delivery for our products for ease of shop.
Personal Characteristics and Requirements
- Is passionate about brainstorming and creating great work and is constantly brimming with creative ideas.
- Has a strong ability to communicate effectively with teams.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of digital marketing and trends.
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities and is able to meet deadlines with a smile.
- Ability to thrive in a high paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong writing and editorial abilities.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain rapport with all levels of the organization quickly.
- Ability to partner with leaders/partners in the organization to move marketing initiatives forward.
- Proactive in recognizing and identifying need and opportunities for improvement.
- Results-oriented professional with a high degree of initiative and autonomy.
- Highly organized and able to manage a high volume of work in a high energy environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to gather input, negotiate and work through new challenges effectively.
- Uphold confidentiality, ethics, and demonstrate a high level of discretion at all times.
- Ability to deal with a level of ambiguity and embrace continuous learning.
- Ability to be flexible, in keeping with the needs of our growing company and gaming industry.
- Must pass a basic security clearance.
- Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation, this role requires the ability to travel as required.
If you are excited about this dynamic opportunity and meet the criteria listed above, we want to hear from you! Please send your resume to email@example.com by May 26, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest in Alcanna; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For our full list of career opportunities, please visit http://careerstocelebrate.com/.