Digital Marketing Specialist
Posted/Last Revised: 9th Dec, 2018
- Sherwood Park
- Educational Req.
- Educated to college/university degree level or higher.
- Degree in Marketing/Business or Computer Programming is an asset.
- Formal online marketing education is an asset.
Desired Experience & Knowledge:
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required as well as strong understanding of proper grammar.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting data.
- Experience performing extensive keyword research for multiple websites.
- Experience creating on-site SEO recommendations, such as Titles, Headings, URLs, anchor text, body content for multiple websites.
- Experience performing technical SEO site audits for multiple websites.
- Experience setting up Google Analytics for multiple websites, including implementation of event tracking, goals, and filters.
- Knowledge of using standard SEO tools, such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, SEOmoz, SEMRush and Google Tag Manager would be an asset.
- Experience planning long-term SEO strategy for multiple websites, including link building, content marketing campaigns and ongoing content development plans.
- Experience with formal and informal writing/editing for public audiences.
- Experience creating press releases and informative articles/blog posts.
- Experience with social media advertising.
- Confident communicating recommendations.
- Task-oriented and highly motivated to complete task lists.
- An independent worker that is self-motivated to stay on task and complete work efficiently (with high quality).
- A highly analytical mind, comfortable analyzing data.
- A high level of detail.
- Is proficient at managing tasks across many projects and accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
- Enjoys working with a team.
- High desire for continuous learning of new things.
- Contact Name
- Noella Paton
- Contact Phone
- (780) 628-7414
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jan. 31, 2019
Reporting directly to the Director of Digital Marketing your main duties will include:
- Implementing tactics monthly from Digital Marketing Plans across multiple clients.
- Continual review and improvement of ongoing SEO programs for clients
- Proposing and implementing detailed on-site optimization recommendations.
- Executing comprehensive link building and content marketing strategies to directly build quality links and citations for client websites.
- Providing monthly reports to Account Managers on ongoing client sites you have been assigned to; reports include summary of work completed, insights from Analytics & other tools, and suggested feedback or recommendations.
- Performing research/setup initiatives including technical SEO site audits & reports, competitive analysis, keyword research, content optimization, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Supporting client website redesigns with input on site architecture planning and SEO/Usability feedback and recommendations.