Digital Marketing Specialist
Posted/Last Revised: 8th Nov, 2021
- PRIMED Medical Products Inc.
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Educational Req.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, specialization in digital marketing and communications is essential.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in digital marketing roles in a consumer-packaged goods environment either with a manufacturer or in a direct customer facing agency role.
- Proficiency in graphics, web advertising, social media and website development is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing and management of e-commerce platform.
- Understanding of corporate, product web site optimization and measurement.
- An expert in SEO, SEM, digital media planning and the respective role of each in driving awareness, traffic and ultimately conversion of online customer base.
- Demonstrated strategic planning and analysis skills in marketing, and business (competitive) strategy.
- Experience in establishment of sustainable, credible, and unique positioning for a product or organization in a highly competitive and regulated segment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders, including creation of press releases and social media posts.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a result driven, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office and understanding of relevant social media channels.
- Strong collaborative skills with a proven track record of achievement.
- A skilled negotiator and time manager who can effectively multi-task, prioritize, remain composed under pressure, and cultivate strong internal relationships.
- A growth-oriented mindset that enables PRIMED to be a continued leader in the PPE market by practicing up to date skills in management, analysis, and leadership.
- Experience in taking decisive action with imperfect information within a demanding fast-paced workplace with very high standards
- Contact Name
- Mark Kwan
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Nov. 25, 2021
PRIMED Medical Products Inc. (“PRIMED”) is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of single-use medical products to customers worldwide. PRIMED is proud to be an ISO 13485:2016 registered company and recognized as one of Canada’s 100 Best Managed Companies four years in a row (2018 to 2021). The company has its corporate head office in Edmonton, international operations, four wholly-owned manufacturing facilities in Asia, and our newest facility in Cambridge, Ontario. PRIMED Cambridge joins the organization as the domestic production hub and Centre of Excellence for North American personal protective equipment production.
The Marketing department is responsible for developing the overall strategic and tactical plan development for both PRIMED’s products and corporate initiatives. With a team encompassing both product management and communication specialists, the Marketing team is focused on the strategic analysis of key market segments in Canada and globally. This ensures that we deliver best in class programs and products that live up to the PRIMED mission to protect people from harmful substances and infectious disease.
The Digital Marketing Specialist position is a new position within the Marketing department that has been created to formalize our Digital strategy both at Corporate and Product level to support the company’s objectives for continued growth and profitability. The Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction on all digital activities including planning, strategy, and execution of these activities. Key areas of immediate focus will be the optimization of the overall corporate digital strategy as we exit the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, a focus on further enhancing and leveraging PRIMED’s recently launched e-commerce business platform is necessary.
The Digital Marketing Specialist reports directly to the Vice President, Marketing & Product Strategy. The Digital Marketing Specialist will work very closely with PRIMED’s Marketing and Sales Teams, other cross functional departments, and the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on a variety of different opportunities and communication projects.
External working relationships include business representatives, customers, contractors, suppliers, media and other users of PRIMED products. This communication will establish and further enhance the delivery of PRIMED’s value proposition and key messaging with our digital media assets.
The role is responsible for crafting an effective digital strategy that will maximize the impact of investments PRIMED has made in our marketing strategies and communications. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be recognized as the PRIMED expert in digital marketing and communications including the development and optimization of all PRIMED digital assets and partnering with external partners that enhance the vision and mission of the organization.
- Creating an enduring digital strategy and execution that results in increased brand and corporate awareness, brand loyalty, and ultimately improved market share.
- Managing digital agency relationships, day-to-day production, as well as budgets and schedules.
- Leading integrated digital marketing initiatives including social media, search and media that support corporate and product strategies.
- Specifically, input and leadership of B2C and B2B digital sales and marketing initiatives via e-commerce business platform.
- Owning and maintaining website analytics, metrics, and campaign reporting including return on investment.
- Development of sustainable and responsible corporate digital communications that align to ESG principles and themes.
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Specialist, Product and Marketing managers and other cross functional departments on key projects within the digital space.
- Support and provide guidance in the development of high-quality effective sales and marketing materials and tools in an online environment that ultimately improves the customer experience with PRIMED’s products and services.
Existing Judgment/Impacts of Decisions/Consequence of Error
The Digital Marketing Specialist position is designed to foster development and integration of external and internal digital communications and activities with customer and market requirements. The Digital Marketing Specialist will have to at times operate independently and therefore be confident in the work completed. The Digital Marketing Specialist would typically solve the following problems using their own judgment, experience, and expertise:
- Problems related to timelines and project deliverables.
- Managing and providing appropriate guidance and supervision of external digital agency partner.
- Issues related to potential differences between various departments and resources.
Typical problems that would be passed on to a colleague or supervisor include:
- Finance or budget related constraints.
- Problems related to the Quality Policy.
- Issues surrounding risk and crisis events in the marketplace.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will use PRIMED’s procedure literature for issues that may arise. Guidelines, procedures, and manuals that assist in the duties related to the job are QMS documents including Work Instructions and other various ad-hoc directions.
An error in work would have consequences on the product as well as the company including reputation in the marketplace, impacting a project’s timeline, and impacting continued success. Errors in work would be discovered through oversight by the various Managers.
Attention is shifted from one job task to another frequently during the day. Therefore, time and priority management abilities in addition to excellent Customer Service and communication skills are essential for this position. Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are also necessary.
Examples of mental effort include:
- Processing, reviewing, and revising data efficiently
- Technical writing skills
- Interruptions come from requests for assistance or new tasks as directed
- Multi-tasking abilities and time management skills are required for this position
- Concentration, computer skills, assembly skills, reading comprehension, personnel skills, etc.
- Communicating with PRIMED Staff.
Examples of physical effort include:
- Working in a seated position, at a desk 6-7 hours/day
- Lifting 30 lbs. file or product boxes, as required
This position is based in the Edmonton office with one day optional remote work. It may require occasional travel domestically. Typical office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. However, due to the nature of the digital media realm, work outside of typical hours including evenings and weekends may be required.
Valid travel documents and the ability to travel to various jurisdictions legally is a requirement of the position.
How to Apply
This position is available immediately. Interested applicants may submit their cover letter and resume in a single document via the application form on http://www.PRIMED.ca/Careers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, responses to applicants may be delayed. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This job posting is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.