Digital Media Sales Consultant
Posted/Last Revised: 14th Feb, 2019
- Edmonton Journal/Sun
- 70,000 (Base + Commission)
- Educational Req.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of traditional media, digital advertising, social media, web presence and search marketing landscapes
- Knowledge of content marketing best practices and tactics
- Demonstrated skills in executing successful digital marketing campaigns across various industries
- Willingness and drive to excel in sales and become a sales expert;
- Post-secondary education in advertising/marketing/sales or equivalent work experience;
- Adept with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with in-person, consultative B2B sales or account management and prospecting;
- A valid driver’s license, use of a vehicle and valid vehicle insurance;
- In depth understanding of the digital marketing landscape, including Search and Social Media, is an asset.
- Contact Name
- Amanda Patrie
- Contact Phone
- (780) 429-5132
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Mar. 31, 2019
There’s never been a more exciting time to be in news media. Newspapers are transforming into multimedia news and content publishers through a wide variety of engaging new media. We’re taking advantage of the disruptive change and trailblazing a bright new future on a daily basis.
And you could be an important part of it. Postmedia Network Inc. is looking to add a Digital Media Sales Consultant to our Advertising sales team in Edmonton. The successful candidate will contribute to the success of Postmedia by growing our business, maximizing revenue streams digitally and in print with potential clients and providing outstanding customer service while maintaining a strong focus on audience based solutions.
- Service an existing account base while driving new business based on set goals and objectives
- Actively seek and secure new business opportunities through ongoing prospecting
- Consult and recommend strategic marketing programs based on established client KPIs
- Demonstrate the ability to consult clients on the benefits of leveraging various integrated marketing strategies, including both digital and print media
- Present solutions to clients utilizing story telling techniques
- Effectively communicate and manage client expectations
- Provide client support during execution and recommendations over the course of programs
- Continually review existing programs to identify renewal and upsell opportunities
- Provide consultation on post campaign analysis to clients
- Work closely with internal Media Strategists to build best-in-class solutions for top tier clients
- Overall – meet sales targets by generating and closing new business opportunities.
Who You Are:
You are a driven and proactive professional who revels in the challenge of increasing sales targets. You are confident because you are relentless at cold calling and generating leads (and you know that consistent activity ensures success). You’re a world-class networker who loves to meet new people, learn about their goals, and help them get there. You are a digital native who thrives in a fast-paced, multi-platform environment. You are able to quickly identify a business’ key needs and opportunities, and then persuasively present solutions. At the end of the day, your clients trust you because you treat their campaign as if it were for your very own business.