Digital Video Director
Posted/Last Revised: 29th Apr, 2021
- Educational Req.
- 5+ years of experience as a Video Director or Producer
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in video production or a related field
- Possess a deep passion for creating engaging, memorable video assets
- Demonstrable mastery of editing software such as Final Cut Pro 7, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere Pro
- Exceptional and wide-spread technical knowledge: familiar with operating professional cameras, pre-production/planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, storyboarding, photography, post-production/editing, audio mixers and recording techniques, basic 2D motion graphics, compression for multiple delivery platforms, and more
- E-commerce, TV commercial, or product marketing experience considered valuable assets
- Demonstrable understanding of marketing and communication strategies and how targeted video can fulfill business needs
- Proven aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and produce under constraints
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills; highly organized and detail-oriented
- Professional and positive attitude
- Contact Name
- Monica Gault
- Closing Date
- May. 15, 2021
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world’s smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical honesty within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits means we attract the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
– Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
“Compelling, Competitive, and Converting Video Content”
This will be your guiding mantra when you create:
- World-class branded video content that is strategically designed to sell
- Meticulous product marketing and feature videos that inspire optimism and certainty
- Attention-grabbing and impactful digital and TV advertising that drives traffic
We are looking for a highly organized, results-driven Video Director who will be the creative force behind GoodMorning.com video production, delivering the best solution for the given objective.
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate. Under AHS guidelines, this position will be temporarily remote with appropriate safety measures taken during production.
- Directing, developing, and producing engaging and memorable multimedia (audio/video) assets that sell
- Working with stakeholders to ensure that project requirements relating to video are thoroughly specified
- From briefing to delivery, expertly leading the creation of a wide variety of video assets, including product marketing, digital advertising, TV commercials, and online branded content
- Conceptualizing, storyboarding, and pitching appropriate video solutions that meet project requirements across 8+ distinct brands
- Collaborating with a team of Videographers, Photographers, Content Writers, and Digital and Graphic Designers to produce a world-class brand experience
- Guiding a growing in-house video team through a fast-paced pipeline that yields impeccable video production value and drives high quality traffic to the GoodMorning.com ecosystem
- Planning all the logistics of video shoots with precision, including scheduling, location scouting, securing talent and additional crew, budgeting, resource allocation, outsourcing, managing equipment, setting deadlines, and selecting optimal forms of media for projects
- Directing and coaching crew and talent on shoot day to ensure we get the footage we need to execute projects according to requirements
- Relentlessly striving for perfection in each shot and noticing every detail that will achieve pixel perfect quality
- Ensuring the creative vision is carried through all phases of production; informing the final edit and creation of brand appropriate digital graphics and animations
- Post-production video editing as required, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting dynamic and static graphics and animation, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Managing the company video library and making video assets easily accessible
- Evaluating video asset performance with stakeholders to guide future asset generation
- Adhering to and developing video and industry best practices to ensure incredible quality and error-free production of videos on-time, and according to brief
- Understanding advertising rules and regulations and ensuring all video assets are in compliance
- Driving for ever-more efficient ways of getting things done
- Staying up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Great compensation
- A fully-equipped in-house production studio
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- RRSP Matching (125%, up to $10,000)
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies. Our mantra is simple: “Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else.”
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth”. If you are ready to be challenged, and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- Include a cover letter and resume
- Include examples of past work showcasing your greatest achievements
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.