Digital Experience (DX) Designer
Posted/Last Revised: 4th Jun, 2020
- Alberta Blue Cross
- Educational Req.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in graphic and/or digital design.
- Two to five years professional experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions.
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Knowledge of responsive and accessible web principles, as well has a passion for creating impactful digital experiences.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Must be a team player and self-starter with a strong work ethic and detail oriented.
- Be a creative thinker with a problem-solving mindset.
- Project management skills and experience would be an asset.
Please provide your resume and cover letter along with a portfolio showcasing your work.
Alberta Blue Cross is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at careers.ab.bluecross.ca
- Contact Name
- Marisa Ford
- Contact Phone
- (780) 498-7382
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jul. 1, 2020
Let’s impact lives for the better!
Alberta Blue Cross is Alberta based, not-for-profit and dedicated to delivering exceptional customer experience and community leadership. We’re committed to providing the best health coverage to over 1.8 million members and take an active role in promoting the wellness of all Albertans. We believe in what we do—and place trust in our employees to deliver our vision.
Working at Alberta Blue Cross means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
We are looking for a DX Designer with business and user interface design expertise to lead a team of User Interface (UI) designers to develop customer centric concepts for the redesign of our external facing applications. You’ll be part of an innovative, high-energy team and will work closely with our technical team to help create and deliver a best in class digital experience.
The successful candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for providing bold, clean, progressive design ideas and prototypes to support Alberta Blue Cross’s digital experience initiatives. The ability to effectively prioritize work and implement solutions in a fast-paced environment within tight timelines is essential for success in this position.
This position is considered a remote role meaning that you have flexibility to work from home and in office as well.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Connect customer needs to business needs.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Contributes to and curates best practices for customer-centric design and design methodologies.
- Works with research team to conduct customer and competitor analysis to identify design problems and create blueprints for understanding and addressing customer needs and preferences.
- Responsible for wire framing and prototyping applications.
- Facilitates design thinking and collaboration workshops to evoke structured brainstorming and alignment across the organization.
- Leverages user data, analytics and business requirements to assist in developing website requirements and user stories and profiles.
- Manages stakeholders and resources to deliver required artifacts during the conceptual project phase.
- Take a user-centered design approach to rapidly test and iterate user experiences.
- Makes strategic design and user experience decisions related to core and new functions/features.