Ecommerce Product Manager
Posted/Last Revised: 25th Oct, 2019
- Poppy Barley
- Educational Req.
- 5+ years of experience in a project management or ecommerce merchandising.
- Experience working in content management systems.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with a love for spreadsheets and organization.
- Data Analysis, experience with Google Analytics and other tools.
- Experience with Shopify is nice to have.
- Passionate about simplifying complex problems.
- Collaborative and open to feedback.
- Excellent organizational, and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Contact Name
- Kendall Barber
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Nov. 30, 2019
About Poppy Barley
Poppy Barley is a Canadian luxury brand that’s rethinking every step of the fashion industry—from design to factory relationships to shopping experience. Partnering with family-owned factories in Mexico and Brazil, we ethically craft polished, foundational footwear and chic, functional accessories—selling them at fair prices and donating 1% of sales back into our communities.
Our brand promise is to deliver “luxury for the people,” and we expect our shopping experience to do no less. Join our team of exceptional people for a chance to get creative, have an impact and raise the bar together.
As ECommerce Product Manager at Poppy Barley you will effectively lead all product launches and drive improvements in conversion, sell-through rates, and customer retention by effective site merchandising strategies. The ideal candidate will bring a mix of creativity, agility and analytic talent to identify digital/ retail trends, synthesize information from multiple touch points and create business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment that delivers an outstanding digital commerce experience
What You’ll Do
- Lead the monthly launch of product collections working cross-functionally with product, marketing, customer care, design and technology teams.
- Manage product catalog, site taxonomy, online merchandising, and site search. Ensure inventory and digital shelf merchandising is optimized to sales and marketing plans.
- Gatekeeper for all product related content: Online attributes, product names, product images, sizing and inventory levels.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing product inventory levels to ensure product listings are maintained and updated, including: product activations, sale categorization and archiving.
- Maintain product integrity and site navigation, including creating and removing categories as needed based on category management and marketing strategies, reporting and digital analytics
- Identify opportunities for better product storytelling and work alongside product and design teams to bring to website.
- Drive and deliver the ecommerce merchandising calendar and content strategy based on brand strategy, customer engagement, competitive insights, and eCommerce roadmap and initiatives.
- Set up reports to monitor and analyze performance indicators (visits, conversion rates, ROI, cost analysis, return rate, AOV, etc.) and translate the results into ideas, growth ideas and enhanced customer experience.
- Collaborate with marketing to implement and test all promotions, sales and functionality request (gift with purchase, waitlists, pre-selling, etc).
- Develop a deep understanding of how the customer interacts and converts on the site.
We do our best to take care of our team and want Poppy Barley to be your favourite place to work. In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, we provide:
- Opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment with a fantastic team of talented individuals.
- The tools you need to do your job effectively. We will supply you with state-of-the-art laptops and monitors, and any software you require to succeed.
- A new Warespace located in Oliver, just West of downtown. The Poppy Barley Warespace is a newly built, open office layout with comfortable, shared spaces, meeting rooms for collaboration and privacy rooms to get focused in.
- Discounts on our products.
- Regular extra-curricular activities organized by our Committee of Fun!