Posted/Last Revised: 26th Aug, 2020
- Yellow Pencil
- Edmonton or Vancouver
- Educational Req.
- A degree or diploma in computer science or a related field or comparable accreditation is an asset but not necessary
- 3+ years experience in web or application development, or a related field
- 2–5 years experience working with Drupal or another open-source content management systems.
- Experience communicating with clients one-on-one, in groups, and in writing
- You should love and respect W3C standards
- You should have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- You have some experience with Git or other version control systems
- Ability to work in multiple projects and manage multiple tasks with minimum or little supervision
- Contact Name
- Blair Sitar
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Dec. 31, 2020
We’re looking for a full-time Drupal Front-End Developer.
We need an agile front-end developer that can use web technologies, along with a strong understanding of user experience, to solve big content problems. You’ll work closely with our design team to build out big systems that focus on efficiency and ease of use. You’ll use web standards and best practice (and some old fashioned vim and vigor) to create elegant code and engaging interfaces.
We’re not going to tell you what to do – we’re counting on you to figure out the real problem and how to solve it. We need someone that’s not afraid to ask questions or pipe up with new ideas. We want you to be ready, willing, and excited. You’ll need to be fluent in “Drupal-ese”, understanding what content types, views, templates, and modules (and how to configure them) all mean. You’ll have to be comfortable writing your own template files using a combination of HTML, CSS, and Twig. You’ll also need to get familiar and comfortable with our Git workflow, and be able to push code and configuration through to multiple environments.
As our next front-end developer, you’ll be joining either our Edmonton, AB or Vancouver, BC offices.
- Build out Drupal content types, displays, views, paragraphs, and configure modules for complex sites
- Work closely with our design team to collaborate on a clear vision for our clients
- Translate wireframes and style guides into Drupal templates and entities
- Work with a wide range of web services to display static and dynamic content
- Build and document easy-to-use content author interfaces
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to solve problems and make things better
- Find better ways to deliver projects all the time
- Work with content authors and clients to make their tasks easier so they can create better content
Think you’ll be a great fit? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org