FRONT END DEVELOPER
Posted/Last Revised: 5th Nov, 2020
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Earth
- See below
- Contact Name
- Mathew Janzen
- Contact Phone
- (780) 758-8642
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Dec. 18, 2020
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
We’re looking for someone who can work with us full time, 40 hours per week. Typically 9-5 but we do offer flex hours and work from home options. Especially now since we’re all remote at the moment.
You spend something like 25% of your entire life at work so one of our goals here is to make this place awesome. Help us do it.
You will contribute to estimating development projects, refining development methodologies, creating documentation and above all else contribute to developing amazing sites.
The following is not an all or nothing list. If you meet many but not all points, please still reach out!
Skills & Experience
- Experience with Shopify Liquid
- Vue Experience/Knowledge
- Experience using Git
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (LESS/SASS)
- Understanding of AJAX and experience with the integration of third-party REST-style APIs
- A working knowledge of performance optimization strategies and their importance (such as caching, asset minification, CDNs, etc.)
- A desire to create best-in-class products using bleeding-edge web technologies
- A good sense of design and an eye for the details
- High level of self-management and organizational skills
- SEO best practices
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Built accessible, standards-compliant websites
- Creative thinking, committed to scalability, extensibility and reusability of your code
- Experience with cross-browser testing and you’re not the type to slip up on QA
We hire experience over education
Nice to Have
- Experience implementing custom analytics event tracking using Google Analytics and/or Google Tag Manager
- Experience with AngularJS, React or other similar front-end frameworks
- Experience with Figma
- ASCII art skills
- Familiarity with usability & UX design best practices
Money. How much of it will be based on your level of experience. Somewhere between $45K-$70K annually. We have full benefits including medical, dental and vision. A yearly conference budget, and 2 weeks paid vacation.