Graphic design specialist – Corporate Communications
Posted/Last Revised: 28th Mar, 2019
- Alberta Blue Cross
- Educational Req.
- Work under tight deadlines and changing priorities while satisfying client expectations and carrying several projects at once.
- The ability to analyze requirements with defined budgets.
- Develop well thought out design rationales that meet or exceed client needs.
- Design and production of a variety of communication materials for varying audiences to ensure projects are completed to our standards and on time.
- Present designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Amend final designs as per clients’ comments and gain full approval.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in graphic design or visual communications with a minimum of three years graphic design experience in a corporate environment.
- Ability to effectively manage priorities and work under pressure while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of print processes and basic web design standards.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- A high level of professionalism, resourcefulness and creativity.
- Service oriented.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint in a PC environment.
- Professional membership in GDC an asset.
- Contact Name
- Human Resources
- Closing Date
- May. 31, 2019
Our ideal candidate is a creative problem solver and team player, primarily responsible for collaborating with a variety of individuals to develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts. This work may include interactive presentations, communication briefs, internal communication campaigns, events, brochures, newsletters, reports, forms, specialty items and a variety of other projects. This position works closely with other team members, project managers, executive, procurement, corporate services and external vendors.
The Corporate Communications department is a dynamic team of professionals responsible for coordinating public and media relations, advertising, internal and external communications and is committed to communications best practices. Sometimes you may be required to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. We are recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume and links to web sites or online portfolio and salary expectations to us. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. For more information and to apply, please visit our web site at http://www.ab.bluecross.ca/careers.