Posted/Last Revised: 23rd Mar, 2021
- AM/FM Inc.
- Edmonton, AB
- Educational Req.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop programs
- Diploma or degree in a design-related field
- Agency experience is not required but would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Sketch, Invision, WordPress, and Canva would be an asset
- High attention to detail
- Ability to have fun, create fun, and share fun
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Flexibility for evolving responsibilities and last-minute changes
- Positive attitude and openness to new opportunities and challenges
Don’t have the experience but feel like you have the ability? Show us what you can do. Applicants should have a portfolio that shows off their skills in both print and digital design.
- Contact Name
- Michael Witbeck
- Contact Phone
- (780) 705-5077
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Apr. 9, 2021
We’re growing. And so is our ambition.
Nimble, strategic and forever results-driven, we are a boutique ad agency that is always looking for someone who hustles like we do. We hire character, and if you look at our track record, you’ll see that has worked out beautifully. There’s no shortage of talented, smart individuals out there, but not everyone has that relentless drive for client success inside of them. Whether we’re celebrating the wins or learning from the losses, we thrive when we focus on integrity with our clients, our team and ourselves.
Small agency. Huge opportunities.
Being part of a boutique agency means you can get hold of more opportunities to challenge yourself. You’ll be at the forefront of driving the public conversations, supporting businesses, brands, charities, and municipalities with your design and ideas. Daily you’ll be working with a talented and experienced group of individuals that will push you to bring out the best of your abilities and they will expect the same from you. Be ready to surprise yourself with solutions to design challenges that you likely didn’t anticipate and be prepared to try and top yourself everyday.
Experience the AM/FM effect.
Since opening our doors in Edmonton in 2014, AM/FM has been providing strategic marketing and communication solutions for clients across a wide range of sectors, locally and internationally. We see ourselves as an extension of our client’s internal team and pride ourselves on building long-term relationships. We’re in the business of conducting research, perfecting strategy, and crafting deliverables that address real, specific objectives. Our team has only grown in both size and expertise.
We have also done so responsibly, ensuring financial security for the company and our employees. Along with our success, we recognize the importance of giving back to our community. Based on our brand pillar of “community,” we do in-kind work for Ronald McDonald House Charities® Alberta, YWCA Edmonton, Compassion House Foundation, Jasper Place Family Resource Society, and the Terra Centre.
AM/FM’s comprehensive compensation package includes: group benefits, 12 days vacation to start, 4 extended long weekends (AM/FM Family Weekends) per year, an additional week off at Christmas, flexible working hours, education fund, leadership development, staff lunches, weekly virtual yoga class, team building activities, and many happy hours.
Does your ambition match ours?
We are currently looking to hire a Graphic Designer to join our Creative Team. As we continue to grow our client’s business and ours, we believe it’s our responsibility to execute our promises with effort and integrity—and we’re looking for that person who feels the same. That’s how we’ve created our uniquely dynamic atmosphere of self-starting marketing and communications professionals who love this business. We’re good at what we do, but not one of us is perfect. When we make a mistake, we own it. It’s how we keep on growing.
Graphic Designer Job Description:
- Conceptualize and produce highly polished and professional design and advertising materials from inception to completion
- Be current with design trends and designer specific programs
- Show familiarity with popular culture trends and references
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage and give clear direction to suppliers such as photographers, illustrators, videographers, and in-house production artists
- Receive feedback regularly from the account and creative teams and required to acknowledge the feedback and make adjustments accordingly
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude with all teams at all times
- Seamlessly adapt to AM/FM’s internal processes and provide insights into any possible efficiencies we could revise to make then stronger
- Demonstrate impeccable attention to detail in all facets of the job, from proofreading to partnering with the account team to ensure every detail is considered, double-checked, triple-checked and approved internally before releasing work