Posted/Last Revised: 7th Jun, 2021
- Poppy Barley
- Edmonton, AB
- Educational Req.
Job Requirements & Credentials:
- 2+ years experience.
- Certificate or Diploma in Design, Visual Communication Studies or Graphic Design
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe XD and Indesign.
- Introductory understanding of Photography and Studio Lighting.
- Introductory understanding of web development (HTML & CSS) with desire to advance skills.
- General understanding of image optimization for the Web.
- Demonstrated proficiency in design best practices and principles, branding, composition, layout and typography.
- Excellent organizational, and oral/written communication skills.
- Collaborative, positive attitude and passion for great design!
- Contact Name
- Harley Wallace
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 18, 2021
About Poppy Barley
Poppy Barley is a Canadian brand rethinking every step of the fashion industry—from design to factory relationships to shopping experience. We create luxury, sustainable products at fair prices while being driven by our commitment to do better for people and the planet.
Uniqueness is powerful. Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. At Poppy Barley, we strive to create a PB team that is reflective of our communities. We believe different perspectives and experiences are powerful–and instrumental to rethinking our industry. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for people and the planet, you will fit our team.
As a Graphic Designer, you’ll produce engaging, high-quality assets in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. Projects range from product photography, email marketing design to website updates, social media assets, retail and pop-up collateral to overall marketing support. You’ll work closely with the Poppy Barley team to create an impeccable, pixel-perfect experience for our audience and customers.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Poppy Barley teams to articulate and execute designs while adhering to brand style guidelines.
- Design marketing and customer experience emails, automations and sign-up forms using Klaviyo that will capture, convert, delight and retain customers.
- Create graphics and marketing collateral consistent with our brand guidelines for weekly website and content updates, social media and digital advertising.
- Design and build web pages to support campaigns, activations and initiatives.
- Interpret creative briefs, objectives, project and brand needs to develop creative concepts and present ideas.
- Manage printer relationships, gathering quotes and delivering print-ready artwork to meet deadlines.
- Where necessary, write and edit marketing copy, web copy, etc.
- Responsible for photographing all products within our studio.
- Edit all product photos to maintain consistency and meet website requirements.
- Prepare, upload and organize photos on PoppyBarley.com.
Illustration (Bonus Skill!)
- Create custom illustrations for web and packaging purposes.
How to Apply
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.