Posted/Last Revised: 8th Jun, 2021
- Bitcoin Well
- Educational Req.
- Certificate or Diploma in Design, Visual Communication Studies or Graphic Design
- At least 3 years of direct work experience as a Graphic Designer
- Proficient in the use of the Adobe suite of products and other applicable tools
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, practices, techniques, and associated principles
- Solid design and conceptual skills
- Strong knowledge of page layout and photographic requirements
- Strong knowledge of printing/publishing procedures and standards
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from leaders
- Effective deadline management and project management skills
- Able to identify, select, and coordinate vendors for printing needs
- Strong interpersonal skills required to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders and/or content owners
- Ability to analyse and interpret user requirements
- Some experience supervising and training junior staff
- Strong interpretive skills to analyse technical information and create illustrations
- Budget management skills for the production of digital or traditional media.
- Ability to develop print specifications
- Experience creating workflows and work schedules
- 3 + years experience in direct work experience as a Graphic Designer
- Innovative and like a good challenge, you are able to brainstorm new ways to engage with our community
- Risk-taker who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Team player with no ego. Willing to do whatever it takes
- Strategic thinker who stays up-to-date on current best practices.
- Brilliant problem solver capable of smashing through barriers that present themselves
- Passionate about introducing society to the most important asset in our generation
- Contact Name
- Karen Smola
- Contact Phone
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jun. 30, 2021
About the role:
As the Graphic Designer you will uphold the Bitcoin Well branding. This position will create a variety of digital content and printed collateral for the company. This individual will use extensive knowledge of specialized design concepts, media, and software tools to develop comprehensive layouts for marketing materials. You will be included in creative brainstorming with the team and help to develop meaningful opportunities for customer communication and new advertising campaigns. You will also support our technology arm of the business Ghostlab, with the development of branded collateral. You will work with the creative team in house to create engaging content for social media and events as well as collaborate with any freelance talent contracted for creative services as needed.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings to design collateral for all online and traditional marketing efforts. This includes the implementation of new marketing programs including; direct mail, corporate sales brochures, podcasts, panels, workshops, radio, conferences, displays, videos, ATMs printing, news publications, our website or app, and other channels.
- Work with an in house videographer and creative copywriter, plus freelancers and other creative services to produce marketing collateral in accordance with brand messages
- Support the communications/social media specialists with ongoing projects including the development of a comprehensive and engaging corporate social media strategy
- Ensure all products, services, and other offerings conform to brand identity; conduct ongoing brand management for Bitcoin Well and Ghostlab
- Create and export JPEGs, PDFs, video, infographics, Illustrations, and other design elements
- Make electronic page layouts using publishing software (i.e. WordPress) and have an understanding of UX/UI design principles/ best practice
- Plan production schedules and workflow for your entire design process
- Integrate multimedia concepts with technical graphic design elements, as needed
- Develop specifications and standards for printing and prepare the final articles or ads for layout. Inspect proofs for accuracy and adherence to corporate standards
when reviewing proofs for circulation or production
- Ability to recommend or select the appropriate media and materials (e.g. paper, ink, etc.)
- Coordinate and maintain a library of graphics, media, digital records, and other enterprise content
- Where necessary, write and edit marketing copy, web copy, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Analyse design trends and stay up to date on industry changes to keep our designs relevant and up to date.
- Develop and promote branding initiatives consistent with corporate business goals and objectives
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on competitor’s design activities; make recommendations based on findings/opportunities discovered
- The Graphic Designer may also guide the work of a junior graphic designer and/or intern.
Bitcoin Well has been making bitcoin accessible and understood since 2013. We are 8 years old in an 8 year old industry with our nation-wide Bitcoin ATM network, our website offerings and in-person consultations out of corporate HQ in Edmonton. We are growing exponentially and are looking for team members to help us continue to impact and disrupt the legacy finance market. We are excited to continue growing our marketing team and need a fearless leader. Consistent with the Bitcoin Well culture, this leadership role requires you to be excited to roll up your sleeves alongside your team, modeling excellence and coaching growth.
- Experience in technology (more specifically Bitcoin) startup environments
- Desire to change the world
Why Bitcoin Well?
- Aggressive medical benefits including:
- Physical Wellness
- Mental Wellness
- Health Spending Account
- Regular team events with the best team members you’ll ever work with
- Employee Shares and Options Plans
- A kitchen full of snacks and drinks to keep you energized
- Paid volunteer days and donation matching to local charities
- Bitcoin matching program
- Bitcoin denominated salary options
- Explosive industry revolutionizing the way society interacts with money
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply with confidence.