Posted/Last Revised: 22nd Jun, 2019
- Educational Req.
- Post-secondary degree in graphic design or a related field
- 5–7 years of experience with in-house, corporate, agency, or non-profit graphic design for a variety of media and platforms
- Experience using digital asset management tools is an asset
- Experience using website content management systems and publication platforms is an asset
- Experience with photography, illustration, or videography is an asset
- Equivalencies may be considered
- Contact Name
- Harpreet Dhaliwal
- Contact Phone
- (587) 489-1525
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- Jul. 20, 2019
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for an energetic individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety—then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together, we can help shape the present and future practices of professional engineers and professional geoscientists of Alberta.
Sure, a picture is worth a thousand words, but what if you already have a thousand words of writing to start with? Do you know how to make sure the content and the design can both shine? What about when you need to get across a complex idea with as few words as possible? How much can you communicate without words? Do these kinds of challenges excite you?
If so, you may be a great fit for our communications and marketing team.
APEGA is looking for an experienced graphic designer to provide design solutions for our major publications, including our less exciting ones.
You can look forward to working on projects such as:
- our annual report
- our digital magazine
- programs, brochures, signage, and advertising for events throughout the year
- supporting the APEGA website redesign project
- ongoing initiatives that need promotion on social media, in newsletters, and on our website
This position reports to the Marketing & Sponsorships Manager and works as part of a team of marketing and communication professionals who establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You should already be an expert at using the Adobe Creative Suite, and your portfolio should show us that you have experience designing for a wide range of formats in both print and digital media.
- Work with the Communications team and other departments to plan, develop, refine, and deliver major publications throughout the year, some of which will be distributed across multiple media channels
- Connect with internal clients to create or update materials to support a variety of events and initiatives, such as guides, certificates, brochures, and slide decks
- Identify potential issues in materials or designs and propose solutions
- Accept and thoughtfully incorporate feedback on designs to make sure the final product is error free and addresses the needs of the client
- Maintain an organized library of assets and supporting materials for projects using a digital asset management tool, and source additional materials as needed
- Share expertise and insight within the organization on design matters and considerations for different media, such as file format, layout, user experience, and specifications
- Consult with members, permit holders, and internal staff on brand and logo standards using established visual identity guidelines
Skills & Attributes
- Advanced knowledge of design principles
- Advanced knowledge of print media conventions, standards, and limitations
- Advanced knowledge of digital media conventions, standards, and limitations
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Working knowledge and understanding of user experience design
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic writing and editing knowledge
- Familiar with a variety of online platforms and how to optimize graphics for them
- Familiar with working in a Windows environment
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter, resume, portfolio or link to your portfolio, and salary expectations as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to Human Resources at HR@apega.ca. Do not mail physical portfolios unless you are contacted.
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.