Graphic Designer and Social Media Specialist
Posted/Last Revised: 21st May, 2020
- Good Luck Sock
- $50,000 - $55,000 a year
- Educational Req.
Graphic Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong Typography, Illustration, Photo Manipulation and Editorial/Layout Design skills
- Strong pattern making and color matching skills
- Keen awareness of manufacturing standards for apparel
- Confident, methodical, go-getter
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Excellent with time management and organizational skills
- Ability to think critically, strategically and execute operationally
- Has strong imagination and demonstrates high creativity
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Be able to produce original ideas
- Contact Name
- Yuri Gerchikov
- Contact Phone
- (780) 497-2504
- Contact Email
- Closing Date
- May. 31, 2020
We make awesome stuff you can wear! Good Luck Sock carries over 1,000 uniquely awesome, cool, colourful, crazy and fun socks and underwear to choose from for men & women. We collaborate with hundreds of artists around the world and have licenses from brands like Mister Rogers, Sesame Street, Freddie Mercury, KISS, Guinness, Frida Kahlo, Albert Einstein, Aerosmith, Bill & Ted, Cheech & Chong, Rambo and more!
We’re also expanding! We have top secret plans for awesome new things that we cannot talk about right now, but we’d love to share them with you once you join our team!
Good Luck Sock is seeking a dynamic permanent full-time Graphic Designer and Social Media Specialist who will be responsible for designing original artwork for different apparel lines, posting original content on social media platforms and attracting consumers via social media. You’ll be involved in all elements of content creation, from brainstorming to final production and deployment.
To be successful you should be highly motivated, creative, be able to work on a team but also independently with little direction.
Responsibilities and duties
- Be a contributor. Have fun. Make things happen!
- Produce visually appealing designs for multiple apparel lines
- Apply designs to manufacturing templates
- Collaborate with lifestyle photographers to produce content to be posted online
- Develop original images for a range of materials such as social posts, blog stories, brochures, print ads, emails, website content, video animations and more
- Create promotional email campaigns
- Create social media posts, pages, and applications to attract customers
- Design and maintain a clean, simple, and beautiful website user experience on the Shopify platform
- Manage and update website content – ensuring accurate and optimal images/videos, copy, messaging, layout, promotions, navigation, user experience, SEO and website performance
- Utilize lifestyle imagery and videos to evoke our brand, educate and inspire
- Design to maximize e-commerce transactions as well as brand awareness
- Effectively integrate social media into the Good Luck Sock experience
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Free lunch